1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrades from a wraparound at Cosmo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by original poster, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. original poster

original poster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I right in thinking an upgrade from a wraparound at Cosmo would be a Lanai Suite which is obviously a massive jump up?

I guess the sandwich at checkin will hopefully mean a higher room with a better view or are there different 'levels' of a wraparound room?

2. lpearl

lpearl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wraparound is awesome. Only upgrade is a Bellagio fountain view, I believe. Check room77.com for the floor map to figure out which suites are where.

3. original poster

original poster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought they all had a view of the fountains?

4. petp13

petp13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not all of them have fountain views. theyre on the corners, so its possible you can get a view of the south strip/aria...etc. if you specifically want to reserve a fountain view they usually charge an extra $100 or so.

and they have upgraded some of the wraparounds (wood paneling on the walls...etc) but i doubt those are bookable. theyre usually reserved for high-rollers (check natedoggs TR to see a few of the pics...some his pics are of one of the penthouses, but a few are of the upgraded wraps)

edit: heres a vid of the upgraded wraps: [YOUTUBE]LvpVhx0u3iY[/YOUTUBE]
    (dnt know why they didnt update the bathroom though)

edit 2; dont have a clue how to link the vid LvpVhx0u3iY

edit 3; i sucks at the internets. search "Wraparound Terrace Suite (upgraded & renovated) - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas" on youtube

5. original poster

original poster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks nice, thanks for the link!

6. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wraparounds are awesome, no need for an upgrade. If you want to make a request, ask for the northeast or northwest corner (fountain views). Enjoy!

7. lpearl

lpearl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want a fountain view without laying extra, get a room that ends in 02. You have to lean through the metal bar in the railing, but you can see the fountains from those rooms. I also really liked the view of the south strip and airport plus the mountains you get from those rooms.

8. original poster

original poster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all!

9. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could step down a bit and get a terrace suite. All of those are in the west tower and all have a fountain view. They still have a separate bedroom and two bathrooms.

10. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lanai Suites are overrated, IMO. Weird designs and not very functional. Only really good part is they open to Marquee Dayclub.

Wraparound Suite is the better choice all things considered, IMO.

11. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not that I have any experience with the lanai suites but I read here on the board someone else say it wasn't as good as they hoped/ expected.

What I was wondering when are you planning to go? I'd guess the suite would be great if you have pool access from your bathroom(?) but what's that of any use when it's cold outside...

12. original poster

original poster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going start of March, going to stick with the Wraparound and get a good view :)

13. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed in 3802 and from that room, I think you can see every hotel on the strip. Before seeing the room, it was tempting to upgrade for $100/night, but after seeing the view, we were all blown away and are glad we didn't pay more.

Pics from 3802 https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=663285&postcount=6

14. sailboat310

sailboat310 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually the lanai suites open to the bamboo pool. The bungalows open to the marquee pool.

15. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just came back from a Wrap around Premium view of Fountains 32 floor - best room I have had bare none - been going to vegas for many years and have stayed almost everywhere - you do have to call in for the upgraded wrap fountain view - and specify fountains/strip room - its actually a "corner room" in the east tower - worth the price especially if you get it on a discount - slap a $20 sandwich upon checkin to try and get a higher floor - (32 or up)

good luck

16. original poster

original poster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.