1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET online reservation confirmations

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Shane.Decker, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane.Decker

Shane.Decker One night...In Vegas...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read some posts where people check their online reservations through the total rewards system prior to arriving and see that there rooms have been upgraded. Anyone had this experience? and if so how far out did you notice that your room was upgraded?

2. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I understand what you are getting at. If you make a booking thru Total Rewards/CET, the room tier you book is the room you get in general(barring overbookings, or some odd situation) unless you upgrade at check in. However, for reasons only known to CET, the room tier can change on the calendar. It pays to keep checking the monthly calendar with an existing reservation.

Example, In mid December I was looking at Flamingo and Paris. Best I could do at Flam was a GO Deluxe and at Paris just the standard room. First week of January GO Luxury/View and Paris Deluxe Red Room or Premier were available. I had the standard room booked at Paris, but then modified it to the Red Room Deluxe.

You have to use the monthly calendar, putting in your exact dates will result in the system recognizing your reservation. When you use the drop down room menu on the calendar, if nothing is available the word options or sold out will appear.

Hope this helps.

3. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe he is saying that he has already reserved the room, has confirmation/etc, and then when going back to the site to review the existing reservation, sees the upgraded room listed.

I've had this happen, when my CET host upgraded us at Paris last summer. I knew it was going to happen, but didn't know it would be visible through the CET website.

I would think if you are going to get some sort of automatic upgrade, you'd already know about it, either from your host or communication with TR/CET.

4. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last February I had a luxury room at Paris reserved. About 10 days before it showed me having a premier room. Usually it is 3 or 4 days before.

5. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While it is a good sign, you are still at the mercy of the Front Desk when you check in. On my last trip my offer gave me the choice of Augustus or Octavious Towers at Caesars; I chose Augustus. About a week prior, it looked like I got upgraded to a Palace Premium Room. When I checked in at the Diamond Check-in, they put me in a Palace Deluxe Room even when I told them about the Premium Palace Room upgrade.

I could of lived with it since it was a comped room on MLK weekend, but it pissed me off when the clerk said it was a premium not deluxe room just to shut me up. I was going to complain, but I decided to just enjoy the weekend and never come back.

I had a great time, but I doubt I will ever be back.

6. Shane.Decker

Shane.Decker One night...In Vegas...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesar's has been bad about screwing people on their rooms lately from what i hear. Buddy of mine went out MLK weekend and that totally jacked up his reservation. Very similar story to the one that I just read on here with supposed to have one room, and got put in a totally different tower. Another friend went out a week later and had two rooms reserved supposed to be same tower and ended up in different towers. Personally glad I decided on PH instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.