1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Spike Blackjack

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by BarbaryCoast, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarbaryCoast

BarbaryCoast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a great time last week playing $3 BJ at Gold Spike. It's 3:2 and for each blackjack you get a pull tab. You'll either win a food comp or once you get 5 losers you can trade them in for $5 or a T-Shirt. Heck of a deal. We took $5 off their $6.99 prime rib.

2. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was it a CSM game? continious shufflers?

3. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they get rid of their all hand pay slots yet? That's whats been killing them.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you were doing great until you tried the prime rib there. :vomit:

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Sam:
    Stop bashing their prime rib.......not great , but not bad either. Ya think all those folks that have a Happy Meal are fine dining cause they're paying more?
    While there are some folks who cannot enjoy a meal if it is less than $40, I have eaten many good meals at Gold Spike,and yes, their 10 oz prime rib with corn and baked potato included.

Jimbo338

6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought their prime rib was fine, not quite as good as the el-cortez, but it was cheaper. Considering it's about the same price as a foot long sub, criticizing it is just silly.

7. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the fact that it is Prime Rib is why I would feel like puking, especially for that price, lol! I just have never been able to eat it, waaay to rare fro my taste, not to mention the layers of fat, and I like my steaks Med usually!

8. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Gold Spike has pretty decent food in that cafe, especially for the price. I've had some really good soup, burgers and burritos from there.

TFK

9. BarbaryCoast

BarbaryCoast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn, I can't remember if it was continuous or not. It was a long afternoon at El Cortez.... Still hand pay on everything, and of course, they are still saying TITO is just around the corner.

Prime rib certainly wasn't fine dining, but it wasn't too bad. I've certainly had worse on quite a few buffets. Luxor buffet was a pile of crap this trip. Best prime rib I think I've had is the Cosmo buffet, so I'm all ears for suggestions to top theirs.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IU, here's the trick, when you give them your order, say , "Medium, please." lol, then you just need to deal with the fat.

Jimbo338

11. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea Jimbo, but I would just as well rather deal with a medium Sirloin or Tbone if thats the case, lol!

12. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read here somewhere that they don't have the cute girl dealers anymore.
    Who was dealing to you?

13. BarbaryCoast

BarbaryCoast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's not the sexy dealer thing anymore. Had a really nice younger guy which we were killing it with. The gal that came in after a while was fine, but the luck changed.

14. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have just gotten 3 bad batches then. I love bargain meals and never have had problems with their other food. The ham and eggs breakfast special is a favorite.

15. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt I'll bother with Gold Spike again until they bring back the sexy dealers.

16. vegas_junkie

vegas_junkie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We played blackjack there earlier this week. It was a double deck game, and a sign said the tables were open 3:00 pm - 1:00 am.

17. miller6pack

miller6pack Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have a good time? Gold Spike used to be my place to have fun and unwind,but now I go in there and there are only a few people in there,and as of Oct. they still didn't have tito.I put 20.00 in and cashed out at 20.00 and I had to get a cash payout. I loved the place the way it used to be, but only a few people remember what it used to be.

18. vegas_junkie

vegas_junkie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did have a good time at the blackjack table (cards were very kind), but the non-TITO machines talked us out of putting any money in them. The place was pretty dead except for the bar and people playing at two tables.

19. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is news to me they have a DD game. Any insight on the rules? Is it a pitch game?

20. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto regarding information on DD blackjack. We have always had fun playing with the no longer sexy dealers, but I have only seen six deck shoes.

I know converting to TITO is costly;however, the lack of it is certainly costly to the Spike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.