1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It is so cold in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LucyR., Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Californian and don't like cold weather. I heard that Vegas is very cold and windy. I have lost interest in going on Feb. 11th for my birthday.

I have to go because I have already paid up with air and hotel. I do have a choice to cancel but I plan to go anyway.

I am just not in the mood right now.

I think I will just start packing and maybe get excited about going to Vegas.

Do some of you ever get in the mood of just wanting to stay home and not go on a vacation?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cold? You guys are heading to mid 70s today. Sounds like perfection.

As for vacay ...

Yes, we feel that way at times. We were in SF last week, 'sposed to be back up there now but some stuff got in the way, and you know, we're looking forward to a weekend at home and will be doing some local "vacation" stuff. And we're also very contended hanging out in our new yard, taking in the view, etc.

We cancelled our pre-Xmas Vegas trip because with La Quinta and then Tucson in the mix we simply didn't want to be routing around that much, and we had a blast at home. I don't think we'd nuke a "special" trip to chill at the homestead or to have a staycation, but something that effectively is repetitive, sure. You gotta be looking forward to the getaway otherwise it is a waste. And heaven knows we all have tons of stuff locally we've never experienced so you can still turn it into a fun adventure.

3. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I can't go on vacation right now --
    got a 13 mos old.
    I'm lucky I can play golf on some weekends.:eek:
    Lucy,
    My B'day is Feb 11th, too !!!:nworthy:

4. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um no---

I love vacations and if weather is bad ya just make the best of it and realize hey ya only live once and make the best of it..Like my father always told me and my family ..What I leave to you spend and have fun no matter what ..I live by that everyday...:beer:

5. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cold?? It's 19 where I am and there are people here who might say that isn't even cold. I can't wait for 4 days in the 60's

6. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Feel the pain man--

9 degrees here right now and my akita wants to walk...:faint:

7. MNHornet09

MNHornet09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will shed a tear for everyone if you do the same in return.

It was -15 here this morning. With wind chill it was about -30. I guess I scheduled my vacation 3 weeks too late.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it's kind of hard to offer much sympathy. I start at 5:30 a.m. and unfortunately the heat in my office doesn't start until 7:00 a.m. or so. I was sitting on a sweatshirt, had another over my lap, and had one over my turtleneck and sweater - until it finally warmed up in here. It's 5 out now, with a wind chill advisory out with wind chills from -25 to -30.

9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, you guys want harsh? I had to close up all the sliders and windows BEFORE sunset yesterday. The horror, the horror!!!

10. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you have a thymus to eat or something?? :beer:

11. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been a cold winter for us here in SoCal this year. We were down in the 30's a couple times this year, and that just doesn't happen. Today is perfection though, back up to the mid-70's and not a cloud in the sky. Ready for spring!!

Back to the conversation though, yes sometimes I feel that way, but if I already have then plans made, and would lose out on $$$ then I would go for it, and probably be glad I did once I got there.

12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How very offal of you to say such a thing!!!

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think wearing a sweater and drinking hot chocolate in Vegas beats wearing a sweater and drinking a hot chocolate at home. If you're the kind of person who feels it's appropriate to smack somebody when it looks like they need a smack, you can pretend that I'm giving you a smack and doing the "what's wrong with you, snap out of it" gesture.

14. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's here all night folks. Make sure you tip your servers and remember, his 10:30 show gets a little blue, keep the kiddies at home. :thumbsup:

15. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any time I can get to Vegas I go.
    As far as the weather here in Boston with-in the last 7 days. 7-10 degrees last weekend. 4 inches snow Tuesday, mid 50's Wed and Thurs, 20 Degrees today with Snow again in the forecast for the weekend :eek:

From the thread title " It is so cold in Los Angeles " I thought it was going to be one of the old Johnny Carson Show opening jokes :evillaugh Remember the crowd would go "How cold is it ?" then the punchline :beer:

16. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the teens here in Cleveland, too. Wind chills going below zero tonight.

Lucy, go to Vegas as planned and have yourself a good time!

Happy Birthday!

17. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You failed to mention every sidewalk in MN is a sheet of ice. I live a block from where my kids go to school and I seen 2 out of the 3 slip n fall walking home. I'd give my right arm for 20 degrees rt now.

18. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It got up to 40 here today and it felt like summer, so nice out.

19. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas for my birthday!

Thank you all for your replies. I don't really know what it is like to really be cold. I guess I am just spoiled with the Calif. weather.

JOE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Chinese New Year is Feb. 10th. We are both Dragons which means we have to be careful not to spend too much money this year. I have been spending a lot of money already this year.

LOLA DOGGIE, YOU made me laugh. Yes, it is true to drink hot coco in Vegas is more fun instead of staying home and drinking hot coco. I will make sure to drink my hot chocolate with some liquor in it and remember
    your kind words.... yea right!LOL.

I have started to cheer up since I realized you all really know what cold weather is really like. Thank you all. Lucy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.