1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Closest Monorail station to Riveira?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Steve in RI., Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago, I was staying at Harrah's and took the walk north on the strip to the Riv/ Slots A Fun. It seemed like a good walk. According to the Monorail site, LVH is the closest stop to the Riv? Really? It seems like the Sahara station would be closer to me. I did that walk and it doesn't seem as far.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, if you look at a map you can see Riviera is closer to LVH (formerly Hilton).

But neither is really that much of a distance, you are probably talking about 0.8 miles versus 0.6 miles.

3. Danny1970

Danny1970 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take the LVH station, cross the road left from the gasstation. It's a short walk cross the parking lot. OYou're also close to Circus Circus.

4. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the walk from the Riv to LVH in a seedy section? It will probably be during the daytime, but I'm a little aprehensive going off the strip if I'm carrying a lot of cash.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its not seedy, but its not a busy area with lots of foot traffic.

But this might beg the question: why would anybody be going to Riviera with a lot of cash? :) :) :)

That aside: if you are staying at Bally's and worried about your money and how much of a walk it is, why not just take a taxi, especially if you have a lot of money? The monorail is going to cost $5 to get to LVH and then you have to walk a little over half a mile to Riviera... taking a taxi will probably cost around $8-10 and no extra walking involved.

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not seedy but there's no one there, just walking down a business side street. We walked it in the daytime last year. Not sure how dark it is at night. Having walked it once. I'd just take a cab next time.

7. VP PLAYER

VP PLAYER Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saraha

I always got off atSahara Station and felt safe and the walk was not bad

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could walk out the rear entrance of the Riviera and through the driveway to Paradise Ave., cross the street at Paradise and Riviera blvd. to the LVH and the Monorail Station. I made this walk at 6:00 am to catch the 108 bus to the airport, there is a stop in front of the Spring Hill Suites.

9. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might end up taking the SDX bus instead. We are planning on going Downtown the night before, and I'll likely use the 24 hour or 3 day pass. The walk from Wynn to Riveria didn't seem that bad last time. It mentions there is a stop on Channel 8 drive. Is that on the strip or near the convention center?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.