1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ideas for St. Patrick's weekend?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by always_vegas, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. always_vegas

always_vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there, saw your post breaking down an itinerary for chukli. Wanna hook me up as well? Ok, so arriving on a Saturday about mid-day of St. Patty's weekend, staying until mid-Monday. It's my hubs, myself + another couple. No one is interested in a show (except myself and I'm pretty much over ruled) Just looking for some different things to do and see than what we typically do, which is pretty much gamble & drink. Any recommendations? We are all typically early risers, up and out of rooms before 9am. We're not opposed to taking taxi's in and around the strip/Fremont area. The two things I can say for sure for this trip: want to see the sunset/strip from up high and want to experience at least somewhat authentic St. Patty fun, whether it be restaurant, pub or what have you. Any help or advice greatly appreciated! And please, anyone feel free to respond, I'm just trying to get Nevyn's attention :wave: Thanks!

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    D'oh, what did I get myself into!

Seriously though, for that previous poster she already knew what she wanted to do, was just trying to figure out how to fit it all in and how to get around to those places.

Building your to-do list for you is a whole different ballgame.

Also, I'd be careful if you have that many people going. You probably won't want as regimented an itinerary as she did, because I'd imagine people will want to do their own thing a reasonable amount of the time.

It sounds to me like you just need suggestions for a good place to party for St Patty's day (I have no idea ... Nine Fine Irishmen maybe?), and either a sundown helicopter ride, or something like Stratosphere / Voodoo@Rio etc for your view.

3. always_vegas

always_vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, thank you for your reply.

4. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We print a calendar and break it down on the calendar to fit what works for us. With a group we all choose one thing that we want to do and break down the days, etc. I know I am not telling you where to go and when but try the calendar option or there are some build my itinerary sites which are free online - that is half the fun as well.
    Have a dinner or two before going, bring your laptops and decide what you want to do as a group.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many people have recommended the St Patty's day party on the Brooklyn Bridge (NFI) at NYNY. I haven't been, but I've sat on their patio with a pint and nibbles and it's really nice.

My mom got married on St Patrick's Day in 2001 and we went to watch the parade (Downtown) after the ceremony (they married in the magistrate's office) but didn't go to big pars or parties....

6. always_vegas

always_vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to you both for the reply, appreciate it. I'm definitely looking forward to the trip - usually we all kinda fly by the seat of our pants when we hit Vegas, which is great, don't get me wrong... but seems like we end up doing the same things trip after trip. I'm not looking to totally structure our time there, that would be selfish of me to assume I'd plan it all and dictate where we are going, etc... but unfortunately my little group makes no decisions on their own so they're always asking - "what's next?"... Lol! But yes, thank you for the ideas, appreciate it. Especially the NYNY bridge, might have to try and work that out :)

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were you, I'd start a "St Patty's day" thread for more suggestions from people who've done it before. I have no idea who has parties/parades or what is good, but you might get more tips like Hoya's.

I can totally sympathize with your comment about falling into doing the same stuff. Especially when pressed for time, or fitting a meal in around gambling, we tend to fall back on the familiar and the convenient.

But again, I think it starts with your own personal to-do list. And with a group, its probably good to get everyone's to-dos and tell them yours so you know what they are into to.

Since your friends aren't that into shows, a good starting point is probably restaurants people want to try and St Patty's parties. It gives you some basic structure to the days because you know general areas you will be visiting and you can look into if there's anything else you want to do around there.

8. always_vegas

always_vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Nevyn. Looking a little bit more online about the St. Patty happenings, finding some good info.

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want me to change the title of this thread to something more generic/involving St Patty's day, just let me know:peace:

I think too much time has elapsed for the OP to change it, but I should be able to do it as a moderator....

10. always_vegas

always_vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that would be great HoyaHeel, thank you.

11. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember group shirts - something fun to wear - custom made!

12. always_vegas

always_vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not quite our thing... but will definitely be sporting some green for st. pat's.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.