1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to get good PHO?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Johngolf01, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johngolf01

Johngolf01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love me some PHO! I don't know if everyone is familiar with it but its a Vietnamese soup and it is to die for! It's like crack... can't get enough...

Anyways, I'll be staying at Bally's this Thursday through Monday so if there is anything nearby that would be awesome!

Thanks everyone...

John

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pho

try the vietnamese restaurant in the Treasure Island hotel

3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there is (was?) a Vietnamese restaurant within the 24 hour cafe at TI. If it is still there that is probably the only option for Vietnamese on the strip, and being in a coffee shop, it's not stellar, but it's better than you'd expect. If you want the good stuff, you'll need to get off the strip. A couple good places in chinatown (spring mountain west) are Hue Thai and Pho Kim Long (yes, that really is the name). Hue Thai also has excellent bahn mi, if you're interested. Pho Kim Long is a solid Vietnamese restaurant, specializing in pho, and is open until 3am. If you will have a car I strongly suggest driving out to Viet Bistro at 7175 West Lake Mead (Summerlin).

4. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second the vote for the place at TI with a disclaimer: Pho is usually about $6-$7 around here so it was hard paying $11 for a bowl but I was dragging ass and nothing helps that feeling better than a big ol' bowl of Pho Tai! It WAS a big bowl and it really hit the spot. Don't forget the Srirahcha sauce!

If you have a car we also found this GREAT place on Spring Mountain called Hue Thai. I love their Pho and sandwiches. Its kinda hole-in-the-wall-ish but very good.

I would also love to hear any other Pho recommendations on the strip. Anywhere my wife can get asian food and I can get Pho will quickly become a regular for us.

Edit: looks like atom posted while I was typing, so there is two votes for Hue Thai. I'll have to give Pho Kim Long a try.

5. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Da Lat is my go to place for Pho. It's near the strip on Flamingo just west of Arville.

6. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pho right where you're staying! Bally's!

SEA The Thai experience is right in Bally's and has a Vietnamese menu with a bunch different types of pho. I believe I ate the rare steak pho and it was pretty good from what I can remember, lol, always end up there after a few too many,lol :beer:

7. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As good as their pho may be, it's priced at $16-18 which is pretty outrageous for a bowl of pho.

8. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point, but you can't beat the location, unless you're driving because the cab fare alone will be ten of fifteen dollars to get to Chinatown so it's all the same. SEA is way more upscale than any of the other Vietnamese resturaunts

9. Johngolf01

Johngolf01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the great info guys! Since im staying at Ballys and wont have a car, looks like Sea Thai will be the place for me to go... Ive stayed at Ballys before but actually never have seen that restauraunt there... Where the heck is it located?! Probably have walked right by it a number of times without even knowing!

10. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head towards ballys steakhouse, you'll see it. Enjoy the jamm band at the indigo lounge also, great group :beer: I'll be ther next week for Super Bowl

11. Darth Vegas

Darth Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sea is fairly new at Bally's. Maybe only 3 years or so. And, past the Tequila bar towards the Steakhouse, so off the beaten path for most. Easy to miss.

I find it to be more upscale dining than my local Pho (veitnamese) place. Very good attention to presentation with great flavor and taste as well.

Helpful servers will assist you if you are new to Vietnamese and Thai food.

I've eaten there 3 times and never left hungry (I have a big appitite), and often have to leave something on the plate or bring leftovers back to the room.

In my opinion, the presentation, attention to flavor and portions makes it worth the difference in price than my local (soup and trees) place.

Sit in the middle the room around the pond for a relaxing ambience.
    [​IMG]
    click on picture for link to larger picture

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cravings buffet at the Mirage has Pho at the noodle station at dinner time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.