1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Diamond level do you charge to your room?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by GES774, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES774

GES774 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you charge meals to your room and then hope they cover it.....or do you talk to a host before checking out to see if they can cover your bill.....how do you go about asking or getting comps like it was years ago?
    We used to gamble at like Caesars and someone would walk up to us and ask if we would like dinner and give us a voucher for like $75 for dinner....haven't seen that happen in a lot of years.
    Also we are staying at Paris this trip but prefer Harrahs gaming and food.....we are room comped at Paris is why......so any thoughts about how to get free food elsewhere at CET properties?

2. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charge to your room. When you check out they will use all your reward credits and if you still have charges, ask for a host to look at your play. You can do this at diamond registration. Usually a host is on call right in the room. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't.

3. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET has just about quit all up front comps for food. The only ones I see anymore
    are either part of quarterly marketing offers, or if a host advances you an approved upfront with room and FB limit.

They will always use your existing TR credits first, and then possible write down your bill after play on the backend with discresinary comps if your ADT warrants it.

That being said, I always have better luck getting back end comps if I use a marketing rep, sales executive, etc who I book an offer thru, rather than the CET websites.

You may not get a better room always, but the host on duty is less likely to write your bill down if he is not getting credit for your trip losses. IMHO.

4. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A tip if you have CET TR credits

You may know this already, but if you have TR credits available to pay for a meal, for example, you do not pay taxes when you use those to pay (at the restaurant). If you charge the meal to your room, the tax will be included in the charge to your room. Even if you end up using your TR credits when you check out to cover that meal, they do not deduct the taxes. I hope this makes sense :)

5. GES774

GES774 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did not know that.....thank you

6. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard this from some, but there are others who swear they remove the tax before using your credits. Never having tried it, I can't speak to it, but it seems they would not be able to pay tax with comp dollars, just as you can't tip with comp dollars. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience. Thanks.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at MGM this is not the case, but don't know about CET.

8. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I was referring to CET only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.