1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Locked out of Facebook

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by mcluekm, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi

This is my first post, but I'm a long time forum reader.

I started playing Myvegas on Dec 29th. It was my first time on facebook, and I made the account only to play the game. I soon learned that if you add friends too fast from "myvegas friends" that you can get 'temporarily locked out". I submitted a mobile phone number to facebook and my account was unlocked.

Last night, facebook "temporarily locked" my facebook account until I can identify photos of my friends. I have over 60 "new" friends and cannot even identify one photo. (LOL or should I pull my hair out!)

Does anyone have experience with this issue? A workaround? Advice?

I'm at level 40 with 38000 points. I'm going to Vegas this March and was really looking forward to trying for Cirque's O show.

Thanks for any pointers.

2. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just set up a new facebook account to play my vegas. After a day of playing off and on when I went to login I got a message that says for security reasons you account is temporarily locked. It then asks me to please complete a security check. The security check is it gives you a 3 pictures of someone on your friends list and you have to identify them. Thats kind of hard since I really don't know any of the friends because they are all my vegas friends not real friends. Can anyone tell me what to do?

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I.can't help you but I hesitated to even join after all the talk of Facebook sharing infor with Yahoo. I spend enough time online without something else to eat up time but thought it might have its benefits. I forgot my password but instead of getting a new one I think I will just unsubscribe if I can figure out how. Talk about scam! I only listed one person I really knew and even used an alias to protect my privacy and I am bombarded daily with a dozen or so friends none of whom i have any knowledge of. Only one person knows who I am. Messages go to spam now and I am sick of deleting them. From what I hear, google is just as bad and facebook is getting worse. It kind of makes me glad I'm getting freakin old. In a few years no one will have any privacy at all with search engines fine tuning your profile from cradle to grave.

Jimbo338

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, the easiest way I know of would have happened before you got locked out. If you have a real account and another account to just play games, always make sure the 2 accounts are "friends" and the friends list is visible on both accounts. Then you can look at the friends list from your real account and answer who those people are.

Another option would be to setup a security question.

Most likely, Facebook doesn't recognize the browser or where you are accessing their site from, which can lock you out. Another way is you add too many friends or someone reports you for trying to friend them and they don't know you.

Back on topic though... I have heard ways people can try to pass that security test, but I'm not familiar with it. Hopefully another member here can help with that part.

Good luck.

5. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They try to weed out fake accounts. Often, you'll have to add a second phone number to the account to throw them off the scent.

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm almost positive this is what set a flag off. Adding to many friends to quickly, especially if none of them are mutual friends looks suspicious. Facebook does this to eliminate fake and spam accounts.

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've posted this a few times already on FB and here once I believe. Here's she short version:

Take a screen cap of each verification question screen and save it.

After multiple attemps you will begin to be able to group the pictures as being from the same "friend". Use the choices they give you to find the only repeated choice and that the right answer.

Keep trying till you get asked for 5 that you can identify.

Make sure and use your "skip" option twice on failing attempts so you can get 7 caps instead of 5.

8. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats lame. Is it their Avitars? Mine is a picture of me, my idiot friends use pictures of their dogs or cartoon characters etc for theirs and they change them all the time. I'd fail this right away even though my list is legit!

9. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So today I got on my laptop to do the security check with the photos. I got on my wifes facebook and looked up each person and identified them correctly. When I got all done and clicked submit I got no verification methods are currently available please try again later. I have done this 3 times and get the same message each time. I guess I may as well give up unless someone can give me a better idea.

10. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you got this screen you either didn't get them all right or you took too long. I still stand by the method I suggested above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.