1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jubilee!- covered or topless?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by pink_paradise, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom (50) and I (21, female) will be seeing this show in July. We were hoping to see the covered show (mom seems a little more comfortable) but the Saturday 7:30 show doesn't really fit in too well with our plans. How much of the show is topless? (all of the acts, some, one or two etc). Would you think the toplessness would not be the focus with everything else going on and it wouldn't bother us, or should we stick with the covered show? Would appreciate some opinions!

2. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We've seen both and,while I'm not a prude in any way shape or form, I preferred the "covered" show. Whether you're male or female, you can't help focusing on the boobs, and I think it detracts from the show. Just my opinion. The topless show is very tastefully done, however, and I don't think anyone would be offended. I would guess that about half of the topless show is actually topless. No matter which one you see, it's a classic Vegas show and everyone should see it at least once.

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if this is going to help you or not. But, the showgirls are professional dancers. Not "professional dancers". I didn't notice that they were overly "enhanced". It wasn't like it was obvious that they were topless. It's not like you're talking about taking your mother to a strip club where it's all look at those huge boobs. After a few minutes you forget they're topless. I did anyway.

4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Covered? What's the point(s)??:wink2:

5. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second this. You'll notice them at first because, hey ... boobs. But then it's all background. There isn't anything in the show that screams out "Look at all these breasts!"

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was very pleased with the topless show.

7. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

JUBILEE needs to be seen topless.
    It's tasteful and classic Las Vegas...you wouldn't want to see it any other
    way, you'd regret it.

There are some scenes you notice the women are in various stages of topless,
    other you really need to look and others yet, they're simply not topless.
    Between the FANTASTIC costumes and stage sets, those scenes that do use
    topless seem to just slip by...you don't even notice once the Show gets goin'...

Don't think twice about it, book the topless version.
    I suggest seats at the back of the front section or the front of the back section,
    centered as possible.

8. IDoLuvVegas

IDoLuvVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the afternoon backstage tour also. Gives you a greater appreciation for the show. Not sure what days/times are.

9. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts - topless it is! It fits into our schedule much better anyway. GREGRIO- by the "front" section you mean section C right (theatre-style seats), not the tables & booths, right? And back section you mean section D? What letter is the last row of the front section? And, for people who have used the discounts, how easy is it to get one of those 2-4-1 coupons in the books you find at the airport and cabs and then buy the tickets? Chance of getting a good seat or does this show typically sell out?

10. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been thinking about that too..would you suggest doing it before or after seeing the show? And same day as we see it, or would it matter?

11. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Gregorio, the topless is only half the show. My ex GF didnot mind.:nono:

12. bigblue1

bigblue1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I saw the topless version last year and she did not mind at all. It is very tastefully done.

13. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never used the coupon so I can't comment on the quality of the seats, but every time I've stayed at a Caesar's owned property, they always give you a coupon book at check in and it has always included a coupon for Buy One Get One Free for Jubilee.

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, C is in the front, D is in the back. I got D seats with my g/f near the center a few rows back. The benefit of the D seats, although they are further from the stage, you get to see more dancers during the part of the performance where there is a catwalk in the middle of the theater, and they are cheaper of course.

I used a 2 for 1 coupon that was in my CET coupon book that hotel guests receive. If you can't find one of those, you could possibly buy one on eBay to guarantee you have one. If you don't find a 2 for 1 coupon, prices at Tix4Tonight probably are close to half-off anyway.

As for topless or not, I would go topless since that's the way it's typically seen and what a Vegas "showgirl" show is supposed to be! But it's tasteful enough where either will be a good show, and my g/f and I debated whether it would have been better not being topless after the show. She thought it might have been (costumes are outstanding and you will see this more clearly the "half" of the time they will their tops on). I wouldn't object to seeing it again with all tops on, but I think if you're just going to see it once, it should be topless.

15. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought nose bleed 2/1 seats and was able to bs and tip my way right up to the 2nd row of tables. If one of the girls had fallen, we would have been injured. It didn't take a big tip either. No harm in trying is what I'm saying.

17. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd Say late

Well, Pink

I'd say the late show, (Topless)
    It seems more Authentic, old school Vegas to me in it's more nostalgic form.
    Also a more mature crowd, at the late show.

The costumes & Ladies are stunning, as Designed by Don Arden.

Have fun!

18. triplesevens

triplesevens Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning on seeing this with my husband during our upcoming trip, just wondering how long the show is? Thanks!

19. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fyi, the show was done by the late Donn Arden. The costumes were done by Bob Mackie. Same guy who did Cher's costumes.

20. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

Hey Pink, the front section, C Middle works best if you're back
    around ROWS G,H,J.
    The showroom isn't that big and there is a 'cat walk' that's used during
    parts of the show that hangs over ??? C,E,F. If you're sitting under it, you
    can't see it so sitting further back works better.

Same for the front rows center in the rear seating section D.
    From this area (and you are NOT too far back...) you'll see everything
    JUBILEE has to offer.
    I suggest FRONT ROW K in either D-left or D-right.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.