1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can your host book your offer before you even see it?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BnV226, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,
    So I was wondering, I have booked rooms at two properties and hosts working on both of those reservations. So far the host (at both props) said they would book the room and wait for my offers to see what else I can get up front ( I booked about a month ago). With everyone getting their spring offers from Bellagio and Wynn lately (the two props I'm staying at in March), I have not received my offers.

is it possible that my hosts have booked my offers before I get the email about them, thereby preventing me from getting the email - because it's already booked?

Hope I'm making sense, thanks in advance,
    BnV

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you would end up getting the email, even if your host saw the offer code first and attached it to your reservation.

BUT, it's also possible that you just will not get an offer.

About 2 years ago, I started staying at MB on every trip, with the stays arranged by a host. At the beginning, I used to get MLife corporate offers by email and in Mlife, and then I started only getting property-specific offers (including MB) in Mlife, and by last summer, all I got was a few offers for shows at MB and a single solitary email offer (with Freeplay and F&B credit) from MB.

But now I get nothing. Nothing in MLife, no corporate email, no MB email. I called them a week or so ago to check on a reservation I thought my host had made, and they had no reservation (I think he's left). And I asked them to look for any offers and there were none.

It's a little disturbing. I've asked before and the explanation was just "not everybody gets offers".

I think a host dealing with an average level player is not likely to be checking that player's account every day to see if an offer's available to attach to your reservation - it's really on you to check periodically to determine if an offer exists (assuming you never get any kind of notification) and then contact your host and have them attach it.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about Wynn, but I'd call Bellagio. I FINALLY get e-mail offers from them, but for a long time, I just had to call. They didn't e-mail them to me, they didn't mail them, and they are NEVER on the M life site. If you have a spring offer available to you, they can let you know what it is.

4. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all,
    I actually just called to double check, the nice but (as usual) useless mlife rep said I had no spring offers. My wife however (linked account) had a thrilling offer of $99 per night:Þ

I asked the lady if I could expect a Spring offer - to which she replied, I don't know (shocker!).

I'm gonna hold out - if I get nothing, or if the host can't do better than just rooms, I'll switch my res to MB - whose giving me 3 nts, $300 resort credit & $200 FP....I can live with the bad location and "lower" hotel.:evillaugh

BnV:peace:

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no offers. I called a random host at Mirage. He made me an offer. It's a nice offer, too. I play about $100 a hand for about 8-10 hours total over a 2 day trip. Got a suite and some meals.

6. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got my Aria offer of 3 nts, 100 FB and 200 FP...So I'm hopeful Bellagio is just slow going with my offer.

7. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike….was this offer based on your past play at the Mirage? Were these items comped up-front or did the host indicate that he/she would review your play at the end of your stay to determine your actual comp amount?

8. W2G

W2G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I contacted my host in early December after I had recieved a pretty good offer for January, I asked him if I had anything like that for the first week of Feb. He replied back with all my freeplay/comp offers for February and March, some which I still haven't recieved in the mail. So the answer I believe is Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.