1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Comp Rates With Companion

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegas4pools, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not certain if this is the right category to post a thread about room comps, and I'm sure it can be moved if necessary. But my question is... And I can't figure out whether its been discussed or not, but here it is... Possibly again.

When I check the totalrewards website (logged in to mytr) and check rates along with my companion tr across all CET properties in their 'full reservation system', I no longer see tons of comp nights (or very good rates). This is just a recent observation this week. I'm certain last week when I was playing around with the function, just to see what I'd like to book in the future, there were PLENTY of nights across the entire year (2013) for me to book with comp nights on weekdays along with some weekends. These were primarily with some of the more moderately priced properties. Properties like Caesars and Paris also had some very good rates. I was checking mostly with two months availability. It was as far as the end of November 2013. I was even joking with my wife telling her we should just move in to one of the hotels for the rest of 2013 and rent our house!

If any experts out there have any advice, or opinions, I'd love to find out. I'm just dying to figure out what happened. If the system is haywire, if CET just modified their policies, or if it had anything to do with the fact we also just got back from Ballys (January 4-6) comped nights and really didn't use our TR cards too much. (It was our anniversary and spent a lot of time in the room :evillaugh:
    As if maybe that changed what was available for us because of what we played- or possibly didn't play. I know we both used our cards, just not a whole lot.

Also the 'full reservation system' is always acting funky. I'm logged in under mytr- go to the next page and my companion number isn't always there- sometimes it takes me right to the rates pages- sometimes it logs me out, etc.

I'm so glad I booked my comps late last year for 2013. At least we will be back in June and Sept for a whole week each time. If CET took my rates aways, this may be our last time to their properties. I wonder if I will ever get back my rates :cry:

2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking comped nights then not playing much is the fast track to losing future comps. Since you shouldn't play for comps, you should only play (or not play) what you want to, but the link between play and future comps can't be denied.

I wouldn't blame it on CET, it's going to be the same elsewhere. Booking comps or player rates and then not playing much will have the same result at CET, Boyd, MLife, wherever.

Glad you had a great trip!
    diane

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are noticing what a lot of us have been.

There seems to have been some change and comped rooms are harder to find for low rollers.

I had the same thing happen, but my transition of not seeing anymore comped rooms was abotu a month ago, others mentioned their similar situation last week or this week.

I have even tried to use the offer codes that they send, but in the calendar most days say 'no offer'. I was however to use the offer for cheaper rates if I called in.

My offers state 'Enjoy 2 free nts (where available) or calendar rates @Caesars, Planet Hollywood, Paris, Rio, Harrah's, Flamingo, Bally's or The Quad! Valid 05/01/13-05/31/13. Book online or call 800-451-3589 & mention code' - but there are no nights that I can get free!!

In May my first night (Fab Deluxe)is for $17 (Thur), then $77 (Fri), $107 (Sun) and $37 (Mon) this over the long weekend.

So although it isn't as good as last year's rooms for the same time for $0 for all four nights...I like the pool and don't know where I would go for a comparable room and price and pool - If others know...please advise!

4. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course we would never play just for comps. Just trying to figure out if the rates disappeared because we didn't really play a lot when we were there a week ago. So I'm assuming whe we are back in June and more than likely drop plenty :beer: our comps may return? Do the comps and player rates really change that drastically when signed into mytr? Are they really that dependent on the actual player? That's amazing!

5. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, yes, they do change alot based on your play. And quickly. I had a heavier than normal play trip in December and a week after I returned my comp calendar showed comped rooms for better rooms than before. Likewise, when I have played less on a trip, the comped rooms drop significantly.

It's really just good business sense, IMO. They are providing free rooms based on expected play from your historical. If the play doesn't happen, the comps don't happen.

diane

6. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diane. This is interesting structure they have here. It would be a neat insight to see how this breaks down. I remember when we were there back in August. (A CET prop) and played quite a bit and spent plenty on dining at CET. I wonder how their tiers are set up for each category.

I would have never had assumed they change so quickly after every visit. And yes I agree it's a good biz model for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.