1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Humilated in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by miller6pack, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miller6pack

miller6pack Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a 65 year old female from Wisconsin and I have been going to Vegas for 30 plus years. Always stay downtown,but also take the bus to the strip for a few hours. Last time I was sitting by myself on the strip waiting for the bus to take me back downtown and a young guy-30-35-asked me if I wanted his food that he had in his container. Totally humialed me because even though I knew this kid was trying to be nice,I could pay his wages for years. Makes me sad that I look like a homeless person, but makes me happy that there are kids like that out there.

2. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I am so sorry. Are you sure he wasn't just drunk and mistaken. The alcohol can play tricks on your mind.

3. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    funny story and really depends on how you want to look at it.

I was leaving the mirage with food to go and had a young lady ask if she could have my left overs and I said no it was my food to go. s
    She didn't look homeless but she did look intoxicated at 2pm:evillaugh

4. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People can get the wrong impression easily. I for one would never have guessed that behind miller 6 pack would be an elderly lady. No offence meant but I couldn't see one of my grandma's calling herself bottle of Heineken or so.
    It's a cool name I just don't get it. I'm kind of like the guy at the bussstop, too quick to make conclusions. Once again no harm meant :peace:

5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:

He was just trying to be thoughtful and caring. I'm sure he meant well and just misunderstood the situation.

He must've felt bad after he found out you were not a homeless person.

But I have to ask...DID you look like a homeless person? lol...just kidding...:poke::peace:

6. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other side of the alcohol equation is he was just being friendly and didn't want the left overs and offered to the first person he saw. He may have never thought you were homeless.

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was in vegas I had a guy come up to me in mcdonalds downtown and hand me 2 cheeseburgers he said he couldn't finish, I tried to turn him down but he just put them down and left. I guess I looked like the guy in the place most needy. Well, I ate one and headed back towards the el-cortez and gave the other one to a drooling bum down by neonopolis. He seemed really happy and I felt pretty good as well.

What goes around comes around I guess.

8. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip, I offered my leftovers, I think it was half a pizza, to a limo driver sitting in his vehicle in front of the Plaza. I didnt think he was homeless, I just didnt want the leftovers to go to waste. He gladly accepted the food and ate it all. It never occured to me that he would be offended that my offering him leftovers meant I thought he was homeless.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Restaurant portions are so big these days. And a lot of people feel strongly about not wasting food. He probably just didn't want it to go to waste. He might have been on his way somewhere and wanted to find somebody to give it to quickly.

10. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the reasons they wont see me at HHAGG anymore. One portion can feed a family, I really wonder how much food they throw away

11. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah and unless you're one of those skinny types that can put away food like crazy, you do hit a certain age where you just can't eat like you used to. Even big guys hit that point.

12. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My take: it was a well intentioned offer, just decline and suggest he offer it to someone in need. It was a kind gesture, don't take it personally.

13. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several times I've bought way too much food in Vegas (usually snacks of some sort) that I've attempted to give away. Just because I didn't want it to go to waste. I usually pick the nearest person, perhaps that's all it was?

14. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe its time to update the wardrobe.

15. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This anecdote reminds me of something I have said many times in my life: when you are spending your money, dress however you want, but when you are asking for money, look your best. I have intentionally gone to stores looking a bit grubby while planning to spend a lot of money just to see how the salespeople would react. Hoping this doesn't make me a sociopath :confused2:

I Need Spa
  16. banddswig

banddswig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe he was just trying to start a conversation. Wink, Wink, My wife is 59 and still looks Damn good. P.S were from Wisconsin too!! GO PACK GO!!

17. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dress down considerably when buying higher priced items because I very much dislike pushy salespeople. They pretty much leave you alone then.

18. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My parents own a Cleaners/Laundromat and I'm always amazed how many times people's CC gets denied for a $12.00 or so bill. And when I have to put back the clothes, because they don't have the $12.00 bucks, I always get a giggle when I see Burberry shirts, and other expensive name brands.

While her wardrobe may have had her look less fortunate (tho, I don't suspect that is why her gave her the food) she in reality was able to afford his yearly wages. She should take comfort in that.

19. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aw he was probably just trying to off-load his leftovers so he didn't have to trek them back to the hotel & you looked nice enough to help him out.

:peace:

When we Were Young
  20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sometimes think that I'm the only one who was p*ssed when they took out the Teahouse Coffee Shop and put in HHAGG. Glad to see somebody agrees with me on the portion (and hence the $$$$$) size!

Teahouse use to be a nice place for a quick casual breakfast.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.