1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Raw bars

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by FullPay, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Orleans soon. I would like to try the fresh oysters at their raw bar. Anyone tried them? And does anyone know whether their oysters are Gulf, Atlantic or Pacific?

2. Vegas Twosome

Vegas Twosome Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time there recall them being Gulf oysters, although the season may determine type. Pricey, compared to home, but enjoy each visit.

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The menu lists "seasonal selection" so they could be from wherever the best price is at the time, a dozen is $19, not a bad price, these are likely from the Gulf. You could expect to pay $3.00 or so for a single Kumamoto oyster from the Northwest or a Wellfleet from the Cape. The Riviera had a happy hour "buck a shuck" special about a year ago.

I met an oyster farmer who said at the turn of the last century, the per capita consumption of oysters was 4 lbs. It's now about .4 lbs. I was in Greenwich Village this week and found a bar that has an all day special, $8 for 6 oysters and a beer, so I had three. They were Blue Points from NY, it was like kissing the ocean.

4. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If ya make to the strip...Go here..Very good oysters and a $1 each during Happy Hour..:beer:The chef’s choice may include selections of Evening Cove, Gold Creek, Hama Hama and Penn Cove Selects from Washington, the Naked Cowboy and the Nootka oyster straight from British Columbia.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/events/ongoing/13441/

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.