1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Season of Californication

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by BeeeJay, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well I see a lot of pop up ads for Californication's new season. it must be because I just bought season 5 on amazon instant video and the spyware knows i'm its bitch

actually this season was a bit of a turn off for me. i like a dick joke as much as the next guy, but there was way too little hetero to alternative lifestyle ratio in the current season.

also the whole thing is getting a little too repetitive and I didn't really enjoy the whole white writer playing ebonics thing.

I don't get showtime and I don't see myself buying the next season, it looks like more dull crap....Hank screws up life with wife, she marries other guy, he bangs 20 chicks, they get back together.

On the other hand, the Charlie Runkle character is awesome. Reminds me of a guy I used to work with who went on our Vegas trips thru maybe 2006. I would NEVER touch that guys computer mouse.:evillaugh

2. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw your post in an other thread saying you'd like to live in the calafornacation world well I've just watched season 2 of the walking dead. Wouldn't want to live in that world :eek:

Back on topic, really like calafornacation but wouldn't spend any money on buying it. I'll just watch it on comedy central here :peace:

3. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree that last season was probably a low point. The new season starting Saturday seems to be a return to Rock and Roll and that's a "core value" in the series - good deal. The music soundtrack of each season is one of the best parts of the series and most of it ends up on my iPod. They have a new character Rock Star who wants Moody to write a rock opera and travel with him to do it. Also Marilyn Manson will be making cameos opposite Becca. Should be interesting.

Agree about Runkle. My favorite character by a mile but I wouldn't say no to Marcie... (or at least an offer of a part time job in her salon). My favorite non-permanent character, though, was the degenerate Music Producer (Lew Ashby) back in Season Two who died in the saddle. He came back last season for a very quick flashback (vision from hell) but I hope to see him again. Loved his tombstone.

I never miss the series on Showtime but I usually get a little bored after a couple episodes. I will be glued to the set Saturday night...

JZB

4. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...and Showtime drives me crazy because they never release the series on DVD or iTunes until a couple months before the next season is about to air. Season Five just became available not too many weeks ago. Some other series are like that (Game of Thrones) but most let you buy the episode not long after it airs.

JZB

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like any other great show the first season starts out awesome then gets shittier with each new one. But I still like it and Hank is in the top 5 guys I'd like to be.

You need to look into torrents. Episodes are free and are available within a couple hours after it airs. (caution this method is illegal)

6. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great reason for living in the Netherlands, downloading is legal. You can download as much as you want, you're just not aloud to upload :)

7. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVE Charlie Runkle. Can't wait for the new season.

Check out Shameless. Its good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.