1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Landry's Select card

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by iheartbsu, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iheartbsu

iheartbsu Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I are planning a trip with my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law at the end of June at the Golden Nugget. I've read some thread saying to purchase the Landry's Select card to get VIP check in, possible room upgrade and $25 towards select restaurants. My question is how many people have gotten any or all these privileges? Do I book our rooms directly through the Golden Nugget or do I have to book through Landry's?

2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you run a thread search using my screen name you will find a few posts discussing the card. I think it is a good deal if you are interested in staying at the Nugget. If the hotel is not overbooked you will most likely get the free upgrade. However, if you are planning on booking a Gold Club room you are most likely not going to get upgraded to a suite.

3. iheartbsu

iheartbsu Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks xmarksx! I'll check them out. We're planning on booking the Carson Tower in hopes to get upgraded to the Gold Tower if we purchase the Landry's card. We're arriving on a Wednesday and leaving that Saturday, so, I thought we might have a shot for the upgrade.

4. LuckyDuckyDan

LuckyDuckyDan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buying the card for $25 gets you the card and a pre-loaded $25 voucher for food at any Landry's restaurant. Living in Houston, you can't swing a baseball bat without hitting a Landry's spot, so it was fairly easy to use that voucher. You can also use them in the Nugget as well.

I've gotten three uses out of the card in town.

Twice, I booked a Carson Tower room and was placed in a Gold Tower corner room - not really a 'suite,' but it definitely had some extra square feet than a standard Gold room.

Once, I booked a Rush Tower room and was placed in a Rush Tower Jr. Suite - which was one of the weirder hotel rooms I've ever been in - two televisions at a right angle to each other in more or less the same space was just strange. Good for Football/March Madness though!

I got the upgrades with no questions asked and a smile.

5. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landry's Card

Anyone get upgraded using the Landry's card when they had made their reservations online at the GN site or through a third-party booking service?

The Landry's card requires that you call and book directly with the Golden Nugget, and that the room be booked at a non-promotional rate. We stayed there for five nights in November. I'd booked online at the GN site under one of their many promotions. As I read the Landry's rules, I still was entitled to use the VIP check in, simply by being a Landry's member, but could not expect an upgrade. So, I tried it out and went into the VIP room to check in. They told me no, I was not entitled to use VIP check in with the Landry's card since I had booked online, and would have to check in at the front desk. No big deal - there was no line, the check in was smooth, and our Carson Tower room was just fine.

So, if you try to use your Landry's card without following their rules completely, your mileage may vary. The difference in their promotional rates and "rack" rates is often high enough that rather than follow their rules and book at the higher rate you might as well just book the better room at a promotional rate. That's because an upgrade is not guaranteed even if you follow all the Landry's rules and pay the rack rate.

6. LuckyDuckyDan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hm.. I wonder if that's just by capacity or if I'm just more charming than I think I am.

The two Carson -> Gold upgrades I got were on promo rates, booked directly through the Nugget's website. The Rush -> Rush Suite was booked on the Nugget's website without any promotion.

7. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ducky, when you checked in each time and got upgraded, did you do it at the VIP room or the main check in? Also, what did you say when you checked in?

I'd like to try it again, but in the VIP room they looked at a list to see if our name was on it, and it wasn't. Hence, no VIP check in. Maybe I could have just tried the Landry's thing at the main check in, but didn't bother.

8. LuckyDuckyDan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The two times I was booked in Carson, I checked in at the main check-in. The one time I was booked in Rush, I checked in on the Rush side, by Chart House.

All three times, I walked up to the check-in counter, gave the woman my ID and the CC I booked with so she could pull up my reservation. Before she got to assigning me a room, I then said, "Ooh, I also have this Landry's Card," and handed it to her. When I was in Carson, this just resulted in 15 seconds of typing and a Gold room.

On the Rush side, the customer service rep excused herself, walked over to the VIP area and came back 3-4 minutes later. She assigned me to a Jr. Suite room, but none was available. She put my name on the VIP check-in list and told me to head that way later that afternoon (I always land in Vegas early AM) and pick up keys. That process went without issue - I popped my head in, told them that I was asked to stop here mid-afternoon and wondered if I could pick up my keys. They asked my name, I gave it to them, they looked it up and I had my keys a minute later.

Keep it light and cheery - Smile, ask how her day is going. Don't make the woman do double-work (don't let her finish giving you a room before you give her the Landry's card), but don't slam her with a handful of cards (Credit Card, Identification, Landry's) either. Make it easy for the rep to help you and they're usually happy to do so at the Nugget.

9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait is this the card you can get as a Morton's VIP cardholder? I remember receiving an e-mail saying that I should have it updated to the Landry's Select card. Interesting how one can use a restaurant VIP card at a hotel...

10. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, no issue. getting gold tower upgrades. Best of all you get the points if you eat at restos. Wife and I got the bday bonus $25, get points for Rain Forest, Bubba Gumps, and Landrys Seafood.

Best deal imho if you like staying downtown. Staff at checkin also seem a little nicer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.