1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mini Fridge?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by MsPeggySue911, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsPeggySue911

MsPeggySue911 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi. I am new here and have never posted here before.

My DH and I are planning to go to Vegas in the future and neither of us have ever been before.

I have been looking at room prices and amenities for several different resorts and none of them mention having mini fridges or coffee makers.

I know some of the bigger suites mentioned having a mini bar, which I am assuming THEY stock and you pay dearly for if you use anything out of it.

Can any of you think of some resorts that have mini fridges in the room or possibly a coffee maker. None of them seem to mention a coffee maker either.

TIA!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some have them as standard accommodation, at others they charge you a daily fee for a frig. Coffee makers seem to be disappearing from rooms. Some have posted it's a insurance liability issue. I don't really believe that, I think it is just a way to increase revenue by getting you to buy coffee.

But narrow you hotel list and just call them and ask.:poke:

3. parlay the yo

parlay the yo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From past trips i remembered that TI and the Rio have mini fridges in their standard rooms.

4. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo GO rooms have them

Solo
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are staying downtown, Main Street Station has a frig in every room.

6. MsPeggySue911

MsPeggySue911 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

I was just looking at the Flamingo rooms and the GO mini Suite lists itself as having a mini fridge and a coffee maker.

Thanks for the info.

7. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not just the mini suites, the regular GO rooms have both a fridge and a coffee maker as well. Can't go wrong with the location of the place as well, dead centre in the middle of it all.

Solo
  8. MsPeggySue911

MsPeggySue911 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. Someone on another message board linked me to a map of the strip that shows the location of all the resorts and I was looking for resorts right in the center.

I also am thinking I would like it to be a resort that participates in the Buffet of Buffets thing. If they still offer that when we are there we plan to get that several times during our stay. Maybe every day. You really can't eat good buffets 3 times a day for $100 for 2 ppl based on the prices of the rates these buffets are charging.

9. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo GO rooms, RIO, and I think Paris has the mini fridge. That's a perk I enjoy having. If you need one for medical reasons, you can ask at the other places and they'll deliver one, I think, for free.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MsPeggySue;
    I come here with a shortcut but if you go to www.travel2vegas.com, look for Information & Links. Click on it and right under information in the box you will see. "What hotels have refridgerators?" or something to that effect. Click on it and you will have a list of hotels that have fridges free and which ones can put one in and the cost id any.

Jimbo338

11. MsPeggySue911

MsPeggySue911 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the link.

On the Flamingo website none of the rooms below GO mini suites list a fridge. I have checked them all. Now if someone has stayed there and know from personal experience that the regular GO rooms have them I take your word for it.

But according the the Flamingo rooms list the first room you come to going down the list that has a fridge is the GO mini suite. But it has BOTH a fridge and a coffee maker.

I haven't decided on a resort yet but knowing that room has both helps put it on my short list of hotels.

I like the rooms that have a separate bedroom and living room because my DH wakes up at the crack of dawn or earlier every day and it is nice for him to be able to go in the other room when he wakes up and watch tv or get on his computer without waking me up.

I like that the Flamingo doesn't have resort fees. Or I read on here that they don't.

But charging 13.99 per device on the wi-fi is a little steep.
    I guess we will use our phones instead of computers since we have 4g on those and don't have to use wi-fi.

But that is totally off topic from what I was asking. lol

12. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in GO rooms twice and both had fridges and I'm 99% sure both had coffee makers. Flamingo like all CET properties do not charge a resort fee.

Solo
  13. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just tell the hotel you need the mini fridge because of a medical condition and they are required to provide it by law.

14. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to start a fight here, but what about the people that NEED that frig for their MEDICATIONS, and you all talk about it like it's no big thing.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No they are not. There are people who've needed them for medications who are getting charged for the fridges now. The hotels are aware of the con games people talk about on internet boards, you know.

Btw, I don't know if it's every room but I did have a fridge at Paris.

16. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The two hotels that I know of that have the offer of mini-fridge upon request are Treasure Island and Wynncore. I am sure there maybe others. The Vdara also definitely has one since there is no mini-bar in this establishment.

17. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about them? Mini fridges for all!

18. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the TI website and recent reports, all rooms at TI have a small fridge (in the closet):peace:

19. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like someone said Vdara has fridge. The suites have a full size fridge and kitchen with stove and microwave. Their city corner suite is nice and depending on when you're going you can get it decently priced. I saw a deal recently that had the city corner suite at $129 a night. That's a bargain for that room! I stayed in the room my last trip and never wanted to leave!

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How ridiculous.

Hotels aren't required to even have refrigerators, let alone give one to you for free.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.