1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breakfast out west

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by HoyaHeel, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're contemplating an errand that will take us out west on Sahara (west of Rainbow) one morning. I had planned to try the Omelet House which is much closer to the outlet mall where we'll go after breakfast, but adding in a new errand - I don't want to wait so late for breakfast and I see there are LOTS of other breakfast/diner places in the area (Jamms, Maple Tree, Egg & I - we've been there- Original Pancake House, Hash House, Big Bear etc) Any preferences in the quadrant between TI and Sahara/Rainbow intersection?

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Not far - at Flamingo/Buffalo there is BabyStacks. They specialize in a variety of sweet pancakes, but they also have a number of savory dishes. It's one of the better breakfast spots.

Chocolate & Spice is on my list to try. That's on Sahara at Tenaya.

Skip Maple Tree. It was once good, but no more. Egg & I and Egg Works are OK, nothing special. I don't like Big Bear either. Haven't made it to Jamm's. Original Pancake House at least the one on Ft Apache is pretty good if you stick to pancakes or omelets.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Jamm's. I've been out that way a few times, and I think they do a more than good breakfast. They make a great spinach omelet, with sauteed fresh spinach, that I like to get with feta. Their biscuits and gravy are a pretty good imitation of what you're used to. And with some of the meals (or as a side), they server a nice warm bread, freshly baked in a little "pot". More like a bowl. It's very good food, and very friendly service.

I also like the original Vegas location of Hash House A Go Go.

5. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the input - it's good to know that many of the options I saw online would be acceptable for our breakfast!:thumbsup: It might come down to what we're in the mood for that morning - reviews suggest one place is better for pancakes while others are good for eggs, so.....Thanks!

6. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed the Egg and I. The omelet and pumpkin pancakes were great and the hashbrowns rock, so much so that we bought a jar of their spice blend.

7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that's the one we've been to - went a couple years ago when we were there with my sister and her husband - we all had way too much food though. Enjoyed it, just want to try something new:peace:

8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try out the Coffee Pub at 2800 West Sahara. The food and service are both fantastic. Try the lobster omelet!

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do likes me some Omelet House for a hearty, old school breakfast... nothin' fancy about the joint at all, just good, quality, hot food. The other places names here are all worthy of note as well.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.