1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Invisible Hosts?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JosieCat, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an e-mail from MGM Grand letting me know that Matthew Sacca is no longer with MGM Grand, and providing me with a list of Marketing Executives that they feel will best fit my needs.

If this guy was my host - he was my invisible host :) It's kind of frustrating too because I did call MGM Grand a while ago - and they had no offers for me.

Anyway, the titles of the list of names they gave me are as follows:

Exec. Director Natl. Marketing
    Marketing Exec (2 of those)
    Exec. Director of Player Development (2 of those)
    Sr. Marketing Exec
    Host (3 hosts)
    Asst. V.P. of National Marketing

Who would you contact? Thanks.

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM let 8 hosts go last month all at once. Some of them had been there a while and had large customer databases. Presumably they were making too much $ or didn't get along with new management.

You didn't mention names, is Robert an option?

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drobnik? Yes, he is available. His title is Mktg. Executive. Going by titles, looks like the Executive Hosts are not on my list (as compared to what is on the web site). I guess I figured the higher up the chain, the more "power" they have for giving you something besides what you can get directly from marketing. But looking at titles, I have no idea who is the highest up the chain :)

4. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, that is him. nice guy. he's shifter's host there.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Maybe. It could backfire. The higher up guy may be too busy to bother with you. Or your play is too little.

Hard to answer that for sure.

I do find it very strange that they did not just assign someone. Very strange management decision, for sure.

6. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tellafriend that's surprising given shifter's level of play. I always though Marketing Executives were pretty low on the totem pole because that's what most of the host's who I've met are and I'm not a big player at all. Is that right? Do you know what the rank of their various titles are?

7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes that could be true. And I know I'm certainly not a High Roller by any means as I've never even heard from anyone there recently.

Tellafriend - wow. Yes, I can't image someone who is working with Shifter wanting to bother with me :)

Thanks for the info guys. I do already have a good offer booked with the Mirage - but I really did want to stay at the MGM Grand for this trip - but VIP marketing had nothing to offer me when I called. I guess I'll just pick one and see what they have to say.

8. suecasey

suecasey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Exec. Director of Player Development" -- those would be the people who supervise/manage the hosts. If you contact one of them, he/she would probably refer you to one of the hosts.

9. hdfergy

hdfergy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looking as well

Got the same email don't know who to choose..

10. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just going to say Rob Drobnik. I like him. Sent over a nice gift basket filled with goodies as a thank you the 1st time I stayed with him at MGM. Upgraded me to a nice room as well. And I am no shifter by any means and your play is above me so pick him!

Lots of weird things are happening with MLife hosts these days. My guy at bellagio, that I love, hasnt replied to any of my emails lately. He was an executive hosts and did great work for me. I always "thanked" him well when i stayed with him. A Chicago guy to boot. He went from being the fastest replying host in town to nonexistent. I hope he didnt get the boot. I'll find out in Feb when I check in.

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'll give him a try. My trip isn't until May, so I might just wait a bit.

12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm curious. Was this guy your host, because as I said - if he was my host - I had never had any contact with him.

13. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a very nice host at MGM. She seems to do well by me, but I'm a pretty small player.

Send me a private if you want.

14. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, going by rank you are right, he's not very high up. However, my last host there who just go the boot, was a Sr. Executive VP of Cust Develp. She actually is (was) my ONLY host at ANY MGM property that had her own full time secretary. And guess what, she was canned. I've given my option ( one of two) reasons earlier for why, but in the end, what has it gotten me? Nothing, except starting over. What did it get her? Nothing, except a new and likely undeserved restart at life at mid 40 as a female in a male's job.

I digress.

Rob (mentioned above) was introduced to me by Shifter while tourring the Mansion. I found him likeable and honest. Good enough. If anyone wants an introduction, I am glad to offer same.

15. Watts

Watts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Robert is my host as well. Very good dude.

16. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe he got fired cause he was invisible...

I use Lateef Williams, but he hasn't responded to two emails in over two weeks so I wouldn't exactly recommend him.

Whose natedogg's host at MGM?

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here with my guy at MB, never took more than a hour for him to reply to an email, now radio silence since early December.

18. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike Lee, but he is international marketing. Pretty useless too...considering what's been happening...

19. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of host shakeup at the MGM, as far as I know for the international marketing department, the top lady at Aria Cindy got transferred to MGM, so everybody got demoted at MGM. The lady from MB, Lily, got transferred to Mirage, the whole international marketing dept. was canned there, and now is at MGM as well. My secondary host at MGM, Christiana, got transferred to Bellagio. It seems that they are doing major cutbacks, and so now international customers are getting pushed to MGM, Bellagio, and Aria.

The problem for the hosts are that now they have turf wars for customers, since a lot of their bonus comes from theo, if a host had a customer at one property and is now transferred to a different one, there will be a host there that services the same customer, so who get's the player's play?

20. hdfergy

hdfergy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    host

Rob Drobnik, is who I chose ,has been really good answering my e-mails as I have a trip coming up in April...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.