1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Go to places...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Backagain1, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your favorite go to place - restaurant - while in Vegas and why?
    Since I am going to be there for over a week I want to have an idea of some places to eat and what better way...

2. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to take the thunder away from the other post, Spago is my go to place.
    I've never had anything I didn't like at either the Cafe or the inside restaurant.

3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cafe Bellagio I keep in my back pocket, just as a "fail safe" option.

For lunch, it's definitely the Milos lunch special. I'm dreaming of it now. mmmm lobster pasta.

Telling us where you'll be and what your price range you like to spend might help us give you some good suggestions. If you're looking for cheap eats and someone recomends Robuchon, you won't be very happy when you get the bill!

4. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to be there a while and will do some inexpensive and some expensive. We are staying at Planet Hollywood but will have access to transportation.

We will be doing Spago and the Eiffel Tower.

5. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, BugGR is now on my to-do list at PHo. Gordon Ramsay's burger joint just opened so I imagine I'll try it out on my next trip. Fairly casual pricing, or at least in line with other buger joints on the strip. I also want to try Earl of Sandwich in PHo. Always gets good reviews as well.

I usually end up at Grand Luxe once or twice a trip. I prefer the Palazzo location for decor. Huge menu that has something for everyone. Plus they have cheesecakes from Cheesecake Factory which are delish (original strawberry for me!).

I also always get a slice of pizza from the food court in NYNY. So greasy and so good! Great late at night. But, Secret Pizza on the 3rd floor of Cosmo is also good if you have a greasy food hankering.

The new buffet at Ceasars is getting rave reviews. Seems its best to go there with an appetite along with time to wait in line! Seems to be very popular.

One of my all-time fav's in town is the American Kobe burger at Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay with zuchinni fries.

Those are my cheap go-to eats in town. I always pick one or two places to splurge on each trip but I always vary those picks. Just so many fine restaurants to choose from that I don't want to waste a pick going to a place I've been to before.

6. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for giving us some guidance. With your location and preferences in mind, I would definitely reiterate my fondness of the Milos lunch special, which is a 3 course meal for 20.13. It is a seafood-based menu, so if you like fish, you will love it! It is across the street from your hotel at the Cosmopolitan.

At the Monte Carlo, there is a chinese place that has a lunch special for 9.99 that includes multiple courses. The name is totally escaping me, but it's the only one there. Dragon Noodle 9? Somebody help me out!

At MGM, if you're into Happy Hours, Diego has a great Happy Hour menu with margaritas and snacks (that are enough for a meal) for 5 dollars, and again, relatively close. At Aria, American Fish does an outstanding Happy Hour that is substantial enough for an early dinner.

I was also very excited on my last trip to learn that the food court that's next to the M&M store is open 24 hours. Mmmm drunken Del Taco. It seemed like such a good idea at 3am. Until we got on the drunk bus.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also at Aria, Julian Serrano is excellent, and one of the few nicer places that's open for lunch. I've also had fantastic Thai at Lemongrass, and enjoyed Javier's (although it wasn't spectacular).

My real go-to place in Vegas, though, has become Picasso. I went to Vegas more times than I can count without setting foot in the place, because I was intimidated by the price -- which, by the way, isn't *that* bad if you're not going nuts with the alcohol -- but ever since I ate there for the first time last year, I can't go back to Vegas without going back to Picasso.

8. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. Getting ready to write everything down! Cannot wait to be in Vegas!

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always hit both the Rio and M Resort buffets in town.

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Mon Ami Gabi in Paris for a not too expensive meal. If you end up at Wynncore then I recommend Society Cafe if you are looking for a nice lunch or late breakfast.

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    absolutely love bacon and eggs on the patio at mon ami gabi at paris on the patio.

great brekkie and watching the strip come to life for another exciting day in vegas!:nworthy:

12. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lotus of Siam is a must every trip. Milos for lunch is awesome. Sage is probably my favorite place for a nice dinner.

13. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is a bit low-rent but I hit The Flame every single trip.

14. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Gabi is a great choice, but I'd try to go for a late lunch (3ish). Ask for patio seating (be prepared to wait up to 1/2 an hour, they don't take reservations for the patio). You'll be able to catch the Bellagio Fountain show across the street while you dine. Food is French bistro fare. I highly recommend the steak frites!

Viet Bistro, many miles from the strip, is my go-to place. If you have a car and like Vietnamese fare (or are adventurous enough to try it) then this little gem in a strip mall is well worth the trip. Their beef carpaccio salad is one of my favorite dishes anywhere!

Lotus of Siam is another gem in a strip mall far from the strip. They offer authentic regional Thai cuisine (Northern and Southern) and I read somewhere that the owners were former chefs for Thai royalty.

15. dmbrat

dmbrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the prior posters have excellent recommendations. Sage, in particular, is fantastic. However, I only have one "go to" place. I always get breakfast at the buffet at the Bellagio. That Muesli stuff they have is so addictive I think they put crack in it.

16. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So many great suggestions! Thank you.

17. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find I can't stay away from the Cortez Room at Gold Coast. It's an easy sell to travel companions because it's affordable. And it's harder and harder to find any restaurants in that price range that have both good food and good service, let alone a steakhouse.

18. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to get a sandwich from Earl of Sandwich at PH. Also, love the Oyster Bar at Harrah's usually have a couple of meals there!

19. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Prime Rib Loft at the Orleans is one of my faves; great meal for the $$.

A few others: Mon Ami Gabi, The BBQ at Ellis Island, the buffet at the Gold Coast for breakfast, the Rio buffet for lunch or dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.