1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar Rental code for Florida?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody have a valid promo code for Dollar Rental Car in Florida?

Google has not been my friend so far. Need one for the end of January. Best I've been able to do so far is $200 for a 4 day mid size.

2. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I don't have any codes, I went to Jacksonville the first week of December and got the Lock Low n Go for Fri-Sat (8 days) for $156 after taxes. I chose a Jeep. For rates like that, I didn't even look for a code.

I signed up online for their Dollar Express so I don't have to wait in the reservation line. I just go to the key-issuing kiosk.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have any warehouse club memberships? I always rent a car through Costco travel - their rates beat the insider club memberships and other rates I've found online.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco member... but they want $225 for the same dates and a smaller car with Enterprise and Avis wants $309 for a compact!

Years ago we always rented a car in Vegas and Dollar always had a discount code specific to Vegas. I was hoping to find something similar for Tampa.

EDIT: Using Autoslash.com, I got one from Payless for $89 total with fees. Same size car.

5. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Is there any particular reason why you want to use Dollar? I have found that, at least in LV, the price is always higher with a discount code. I find that their city special is usually the best price I can get with them. May not be true in FL.

I would be cautious about renting with Payless. We had a very bad experience with them in Tampa years ago and will never rent from them again.

6. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, winter in FL is sort of high season, so I understand there might not be the cheapest rates available. Good luck:peace:

(Pricing for our upcoming Vegas trip, getting a week rental - 7 days - was a bunch cheaper than 6 days - that could be part of your pricing issue as well....)

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Dollar member and can skip the counter if I rent from them and I have always been happy with their service, but I'm not going to pay $120 for the convenience.

9. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can sign up to do that with Budget, Alamo, Hertz etc as well, for free, online, so don't let that be a deterrent to get a good price:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.