1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Who Stays Up ? Who Calls It Early ? New Years

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Just wondering.........?
    Myself....I gotta be up at 5am...
    Then doing "Daddy Day Care = 16 hrs on New Year's Day
    So I'm
    going to bed before midnight.:eek:
    No BIG PARTY this year !:drunk::wave:

2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish we could stay home

Going to a friends house about an hour away,but sleeping over at another friends nearby.
    Knowing these people ,the food will be super.

3. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a tradition for me and wife for the past few years to stay home and have a nice quiet dinner alone on NYE. Usually we run around like crazy from Thanksgiving until Christmas, so by the time NYE rolls around, the idea of going out to another party just doesn't seem to be as appealing as a nice candlelight dinner with just the two of us.

We usually get a couple of real good steaks which I cook on my infrared grill (one of the best investments I ever made), a couple of lobsters, some shrimp, fresh mozzarella, and whatever other sides we feel like having. Shut the phones off, put some quiet music on, light some candles, and just enjoy a good meal and each others company in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere.

I wouldn't change it for any NYE party in the world.

TFK

4. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DITTO.......except the steaks will be venison......the BEST.....just got done cooking the shrimp....DON'T buy cooked shrimp....it's always soft and soggy when served...instead defrost RAW Easy Peal shrimp in cold water for about 10-15 minutes while your heating a large pot of water....bring to a HARD boil and cook shrimp for no more then 5 minutes...pour them into a stainer in the sink and rinse with LOTS of COLD water.....peel and place on ice, then back in the fridge until your ready to eat.....BY FAR THE BEST Shrimp Cocktail you will ever have.

ENJOY and HAPPY REDNECK NEW YEARS...... :)

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I party year round so I sort of look at nye as amatuer night so no need to participate.

I like to go to bed early and get up early.

Of course if I were in vegas i would stay up late. dont think i could avoid it there.

6. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to work tomorrow (and get up at 5AM) so I'll be in bed by 10PM.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll have a nice selection of cold-cuts for sandwiches, shrimp, crackers, chips and dips for the 6 of us, but the wife and I will head to bed around 10 and the kids will stay-up. No reason for our early departure other than to be able to "rise and shine" on New Year's Day!!! We'll have breakfast ready for the lazy heads when they get up...

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to stay home this year... have a nice BBQ for dinner and then watch a few movies. We don't normally go to bed until 3-4AM anyhow, so won't be an early night

9. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying home with my hubby. I am making lasagna, garlic bread and a salad. We'll probably be in bed before midnight!

10. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be up past midnight, but will stay home and out of the way of the amateurs.

11. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll probably be in bed by 9:00 and wake up at midnight when all the noise starts. I'll lean over and kiss my wife, wish her a Happy New Year and fall back asleep as soon as the noise subsides.

Happy New Year to all! . . .:woohoo:

12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some years we make it, some we don't. As we prefer, we'll be home tonight. As others have pointed out, NYE is for those who need training wheels.

Have a lovely Curtis Heritage Rose and a limited-release Clos Pepe sparkler picked out. Thinking we should make Tom Douglas' awesome clam linguine for dinner. Neighbors are going to duct tape their kids and throw 'em in the closet and then join us.

Weather's awesome so we'll play golf in the morning or take a long long walk on the beach, then get back in time to watch Stanford kick arse on Wisconsin! (Sorry, Joe.)

13. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying home with the wife while cooking up some steaks. We usually stay home on NYE with our stressed out dogs. Benadryl for everyone tonight in my house. I'm not for sure if were calling it quits early because it is not worth trying to go to sleep when it sounds like there is a war going on outside your window.

14. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't seen the ball drop since my late 20's and I am fine with that. Fact is, I can't stay up past 11:30 and that's with trying. So we're all doing the New Year's Day thing.

15. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it New Year's Eve? Bed time is the same whatever day it is - When I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Get up when I feel like it. The sad life of a retiree.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  16. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The past 4-5 years we have done a "kiddie ball drop" at 8pm at Moretti's, then home to have a few drinks and watch the TV balldrops, everyone straining to make it to midnight.

This year going more of a mellow night cause everyone wants to stay home and play with their xmas gifts so ordering some of our favorite takeout and blowing our horns at home.....everyone will easily make midnight as that has been the earliest anyone has gone to bed since all the xmas video games arrived. :evillaugh

17. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sad and HIGHLY ENVIED my friend! :beer:

18. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm working the ABC Dickless Rockin' New Years Eve show so I will be up very late with tear down.

The studio set looks like it was designed by the people at The Cosmopolitan!

19. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am lame. Bed at 10, probably watch an episode or two of Magnum, PI on Netflix (trying to watch all episodes) asleep by midnight. I am one of the few that think New Years Day is the dumbest holiday of the year. It is just another day.

20. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have my annual New Years cold plus I've been up since 2:30AM. I will be hitting the sheets shortly after drinking some spiked hot tea.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.