1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

We are here. Day 1

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by redzone, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Made it in last night. Staying till December 27th. I will try to do a daily report with whatever is happening.

Flew out of Toronto on Westjet. Flight was uneventful except it left 45 minutes late and we did not land until close to midnight. Forgot our headphones (again) and bought the cheapies at $3.50 a piece but within an hour the satelite system broke down and all we had for the duration of the flight was pay per view which had nothing I was interested in.
    Terminal 3 is very nice but by the time we trekked all the way from our gate to Carousal 10 then all the way back to car rental shuttle pick-up I had seen enough of it.

Budget was the usual pita but we left with a Corolla which is fine.

We checked into Mirage about 1:30am. We had stayed here a couple of times before when Wynn still owned it and for some dumb reason expected it to still be the same as far as cleanliness and condition. I understand that things start to deteriorate and this is not a new resort by any means but cleanliness knows no age.

As I am writing this I am looking at two large rips in the boxspring and the sheer curtains which I will assume were white at one time are the ugliest shade of brown and are brittle to the touch. The hot water had been turned off in the hotel from 1:00am to 5:00am so freshing up when we got in was not an option. This morning we turned on the tap for the tub and brown water was barely coming out of the faucet. We called maintenance and the guy was looking at why the water pressure is practically non existent and he also has pulled the largest piece of crude hair ball out of the drain. He said to just run the water for an hour or so and it should clear up but the pressure is the way it is. It took about two hours to get clean hot water and also takes about 15 minutes to fill a tub to a point you can soak. We both usually shower but sometimes Terry likes to relax in a hot tub of water before she showers.

I brought my GPS and went to "Vons" to get some cokes, milk and cereal. The strip is not real busy but from Flamingo to Sands there are some lane closures so the weekend will be interesting. We went to walgreens so terry could buy some scissors as she had her's in her carry-on and of course they confiscated them before we got through customs.

I think we will be doing most of our gambling across the street and try to get our total rewards back on track. We walked to Harrahs and I tried an alladin machine and she played Amore something or other and on the second hit won $125.00. I am hoping to play mostly poker but I like to spend some time together and she is strickly a slot player. We are going to Ellis Island for dinner in an hour or so and then hopefully to Ethel M's for the light show.

Part two tomorrow

2. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck, sounds like you need it

enjoy Vegas.

Win big.

3. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:

Wow, the sheers sound really gross. You should post closeup pics of the sheers which have degraded to the point of being brittle. It appears management hasn't put any money into Mirage since they want to sell the property.

I hope you have good luck at the slots and poker, and the rest of your trip is great!

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading stuff like this just burns my ass!

People get paid good money to oversee these hotels and still this stuff happens. What about the last 10 people who stayed in this room,maybe they didnt wash??

5. BurlingtonDoodle

BurlingtonDoodle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm guessing the rest of your trip can only improve! Good luck!

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you got off to such a yucky start at the Mirage. (I had good experiences when I stayed there, but that was 10 years ago.)

Currently on day 5 of a (so far) very winning trip and wishing you good luck too!

7. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you caught a terrible room. Won't they move you?

8. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess they would move us if we asked but now that the tub is draining and the water is running we will stay put. Who knows if you get any better. Besides this wont ruin our holiday. It's Christmas:beer:

9. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a couple of pictures. Outside of the old IP and couple of room pictures

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.