1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grotto downtown

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bagpipe1, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagpipe1

bagpipe1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a trip and wanted to comment on Grotto. My wife and I had an excellent meal there-perhpas the best we have had in Las Vegas. The bread was great (I ate 2 baskets myself) and the dipping oil was infused with garlic and herbs. We each got a chicken dish, and both were superb. I had Chicken Francese and dear wife had Chicken au Poivre. Both dishes were under $20 each. The dessert cart was full of great looking desserts-we split the chocolate cake. In addition the service was friendly and efficient.

I am a downtown fan, and note that Grotto doesn't seem to get a lot of comment on this board, perhaps becasue it is part of the Golden Nugget. However, we will definitley be going back to Grotto. I just wanted to let others know about this place. A great restaurant for the price.

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years back we had a wonderful pizza (wood fired!) in their bar - open late, great for an evening snack after a long run at the craps table:peace:

3. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a great lunch there...chicken parm sandwich and caesar salad

4. ORANGECTYNY

ORANGECTYNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A group of us spent Happy Hour at the Grotto last week. Their sausage & pepper pizza is fantastic. Also loved the Malibu Mango drinks. yum!

5. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is it?

6. CYaInVegas

CYaInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Grorro is the Italian restaurant inside the Golden Nugget. Ate there last year for the first time. We had horrid service. Were ignored from the minute we walked in. Food was lukewarm and unimpressive. I am not picky and will eat just about anything but will never go back to the Grotto.

7. CYaInVegas

CYaInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OOPS sorry. I meant Grotto.

8. OnTheHorizon

OnTheHorizon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to The Grotto a few times. Their pizza is very tasty. I've also had their pasta (forgot if it was gnocci or raviolli) in a vodka sauce. I was apprensive about trying it, but I'm very glad I did - it was great. And - the prices are very reasonable when you consider the quality and quantity.

Now - a little off topic...I was only at the GN's Chart House once and didn't care for it. The food was good and so was the atomsphere. I didn't care for the surly wait staff. Then again, by now, I'm sure the wait staff that served us three years ago isn't there anymore.

9. angilynny

angilynny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Grotto alot but both times we have gone are service has been terrible. That is alot of problem with the nugget they have terrible wait staff throughout the hotel. Starbucks ppl seem pretty on it at least.

I will eat at the grotto again I just wont go starving.

10. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I have eaten there, it's one of two or three places we would be happy to eat at again downtown. Very nice place, great food. Got right in with no reservation on a weeknight.

11. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have also had good service and better than average food at Grotto. It's also a fun spot to have a beer at the bar, late, because they keep the pizza oven fired up.

12. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there this past summer. Good service, good food. Dinner, dessert, and drinks was around $70 for two!!

It's also a good spot for people watching!!

Tim:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.