1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Black Jack comps - Aria - MGM $289

Discussion in 'Comps' started by tiffs17, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiffs17

tiffs17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was rated at $289 a hand last trip. I go once a year. Was there 5 nights and was rated for 20 hours.

What is your opinion on what I might expect for our trip this spring?

Thanks for all the replies, I have to make a decision where to stay and Aria doesn't really seem to want to do much other than the normal 3 nights in a regular room.

2. tiffs17

tiffs17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, pointers? Please and thank you.

3. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I would think a host at either aria or mgm would comp you your room and a food budget for however many days you want to stay. I would also ask for a car to pick you up at the airport. If your looking for a big suite or something like that, I don't know. I'm never in the room enough to care.

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should qualify for an upfront suite at MGM or Aria.Not Sky Suites but a corner suite for sure.You did not mention where you were rated.If it was in the MGM system you will get comped.Anywhere outside their company is different.

5. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how good your host is. But I would expect corner suite at Aria with some F&B (~$100 a night) if you save up your ECs for them to take out. You will have to give them real solid hours at that average if you want a suite. Regular room, you can comfortably charge ~$200+ F&B. That's my guess.

6. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right in that zone where what you get depends a lot on your host. You're not necessarily guaranteed to get much more than just a room, but you could get as much as a suite and solid RFL.

I'd ask yourself what you really want - a better room, or more food/bev budget. For me, the credit is more important than the suite, but this varies.

Talk to a host, say, please look at my recent play and let me know what you can do for me. Ask questions about the room type, amount of daily F&B, a limo, show tickets, any other perk you might want. If you have a preference for one thing or another, say so in the beginning. I think that the right host can help you here, but you're not quite playing at a level where you can get anything you want. You might have to pick and choose a little. But I feel confident you can get more than the standard 3 night room.

7. tiffs17

tiffs17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I do have a host. Have been with her the last 3 years. A standard room for just three nights is all she will offer. Quoted what are the offers from Mlife. That's it. Asked her if she can have any discretion for more, she siad 3 standard nights!

I am quite surprised with their 4 hours a day with almost a 300 average she can't do better. Not real happy about it. You think I should try another host at Aria or another MGM property? I wired 15K up front money and brought about 5K or so with me.

We stayed last year for 5 nights in a Sky Suite. It was a 3 night up front offer from Mlife. I ended up having to pay about $400 total for last two nights for room and they picked up only $100 in food for the trip. Limo to/from as is standard in the Sky Suites.

It was a VERY profitable trip for me last time. Would that factor in what they are offering. Needless to say, not real happy with Aria right now.

Thanks for the replies so far and any more advice and your experiences is appreciated.

8. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just for the hell of it, you should call another property (Bellagio for example) and ask for the host's office. I've done this before - just have them look up your account, and they will transfer you to your host, and since you don't have one at these other properties, it will just go to the host on duty.

Ask them to look at your play history and tell you what they can do for you. Ask for the room type, ask for F&B.

It takes about 10 minutes to have the conversation and it's free to ask. Then please report back and let us know how it went!

9. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tiffs, your experience is remarkably similar to mine. I've always stayed in the Sky Suites and had almost the same service with a bet level likewise almost the same.
    Since the October re-do of the Mlife accounting on my November trip all I got is 3 comp nights in a corner suite. I even asked if I could upgrade to the SS and pay the difference and was told no. So I stayed in a corner, got crushed at the tables and only got partial food and beverage credit.

10. DRich2

DRich2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can reasonably expect about $1500 worth of comps.

11. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you want to stay more than 3 nights? You should find another host if she's unwilling to give you more than 3 nights in a standard room. I assume that you played at Aria the last time you stayed there?

12. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you should get a small suite w/ RFBL of about $300 per day.

13. tiffs17

tiffs17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Aria will only give me 3 standard nights up front. I can't believe it. This changeover in the whole MGM/Mlife process will lose them a TON of business. At least with us table game players!!!!

14. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's extremely optimistic IMO. Maybe before the change and you include ECs. Regardless, at the OPs level, I would expect any food comps to come at the back end.

I can't believe a host will not give you 4th or 5th night. You really should change host and not let it get to you if you like Aria.

15. onsan

onsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a good host at Aria, hooked up my uncle last trip. I can give her a quick email if you'd like to find out what she can get for you.

16. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To the OP sounds like your host is being a cheap ass. I would call around....this is why I stay at Hotel32. Yes it is not one of the mega nice resorts overall but let me tell you I'm a big fish in a little pond and I get treated like it. If I were to move over to Aria I would be a medium fish in an ocean...and I don't want to be treated like that. Your play will get you further at some of the mid-tier places. But do as others suggest call Bellagio and see what they can do or find another host at Aria.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.