1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET – Canceling part of your reservation?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JosieCat, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am planning a trip in May. I will be most likely be using a Mirage offer, but would like to spend one night at Caesars to give it a try. This will, depending on how stuff works out, either be the 3rd or 4th night of my stay. My concern is that if I don’t book know, the Augustus tower won’t be available as a comp when I’m finally ready to book.

If I booked both nights now, could I cancel just one night, or does the entire reservation have to be cancelled and rebooked. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The website is a little finicky, but I am pretty sure you can do it with a call. A couple of times I needed to slip my reservation by a day and didn't dare cancel & rebook online for fear of losing the level of room I wanted to keep, so I have called and had it taken care of with no problems.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why cancel? Assuming the room is comped, just keep it. Even if you wind up heading to another hotel later.

Am I missing something here?

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, you asked :)

I'm in town for 4 nights. First 3 comped at the Mirage. I have enough MyVegas points to get the Tower suite for the 4th night, but as they have to be used within 90 days I believe, I can't even book it until February and there is no guarantee that they will still be offering the suite - so I really can't count on that.

So - if I do 4 nights at the Mirage, I wanted to double-book Caesars for the 3rd night.

If I only do 3 nights at the Mirage, then I would want Caesars for the 4th night.

I just booked both nights. If they won't let me cancel one, I'll just keep them both. I really didn't want to have both places on the 4th night and have to check out of 2 hotels before heading to the airport.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you read back through posts, you will find that many of us do not check out of a hotel. We just leave. So, no problem with double check outs.

6. royski69

royski69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had to "edit" (add/delete nights) to an existing Caesars reservation in the past. I was able to call and make my changes no problem over the phone. They can adjust your existing reservation so that your rates (free/discounted) for the kept nights do not change. They can even check your offers and calendar rates to see if you can do better than your existing reservation. There is no fee to use the phone reservation people as long as your initial reservation was made on the internet.
    Only new phone reservations are charged a "phone" fee ($10 I think).

In addition to leaving the hotel without checking out, I have also called and checked out over the phone, after leaving the property.

Enjoy your trip!

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep your two night reservation at Caesars until you know how many nights you'll have at Mirage.

Then bring up the Caesars calendar and see if you can get Augustus comped for the night you want.

If so, I believe you can actually change your reservation online and keep the same reservation #.

• While logged in, click the link to MyTR
    • Scroll down and find your reservation and click on it.
    • Select "Modify my dates and/or room type". The page then expands to allow you to change the dates while keeping the same room type.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info everyone. I will definitely refer back to this post when I have things settled.

Now that I have Caesars booked, I had to slap myself to stop myself from just booking the airfare even though the prices are outrageously high still ($390). I looked at the seat assignments on my normal 9:00 a.m. flight and none were taken - that was kind of a clue that I'm trying to do this way too early. I just like to get it booked :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.