1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps for playing slots at Wynncore

Discussion in 'Comps' started by boboswisher, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is so much information on here about MLIFE and CET, but little about WYNN... I play penny or nickel slots and nothing else. And, I only play at Wynncore because that is the only place I have stayed at in the last five years, averaging one trip a year. I get my room comped everytime and sometimes some food gets taken off. I also have a host that contacted me and through whom I book.

Everytime I go there I feel compelled to play more to not compromise this good thing I've got going. I'm even wondering if I should look for the dollar slots on my next trip to improve my standing....

I would love to hear from any fellow Wynncore slot players about their expereiences. Level of slot play? How the Red Card works for slot players?? How to chase comps there (even though I know we should never chase them... I get that.)

Thanks!!

2. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too get great offers from Wynncore for only mid level slot play (max bet pennies, some dollar VP, $5 slots when feeling froggy) - way better than the same play gets us at MLife (Bellagio), and WAY better than V/P. Compared to MLife, we have a (gasp) real host at Wynn, more than double the freeplay, always free and upgraded rooms and some limited but generous food allowance. I haven't really dug into it, but it doesn't seem like Wynn has tiers or advertises their formula for comps so I can't compare it point for point. We only go once or twice a year too, so it's not like we're frequent flyers, so to speak. It really surprised me that the Wynn would be so eager to develop slot players (they actually reached out to us after we had gone in there and played just a little bit). I for one am a happy convert and customer.

As far as chasing (maximizing) comps from them, I've heard they are really strict as to how much they can give you for specific play. Of course, the more you play the more you'll get, and it never hurts to ask your host. Wherever we stay, we always work on the premise of charge everything to the room then ask if there is anything more we can get when we check out. Last time at the Wynn we didn't even have to ask. We were approached by the host on the last day of our visit (while we were still playing!) and he told us that in addition to what our initial offer was, he'd taken care of a whole lot more (though not all) of our final bill.

3. boo

boo Guest

If you don't mind, can you post your daily coin-in and length of play? I'm trying to judge whether or not I might get comp rooms. I play VP but I don't want to play there if I have no chance. Thanks.

4. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bobo if you don't mind me asking how many pts do you have

5. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya, my host came and found me too. I never would've had the balls to go seek one out. LOL..... I have never been given a free room AND free play together. Really wish I did.... As far as points go, the Red Card eats up your points as you cash them in for free credit on the slots, so I'm likely down to zero, or very close to that, now. I rarely leave many of those left on the table before flying home.... Definitely Wynncore's Red Card seems to be the least transparent of the loyalty cards in Vegas. In some ways I like that and in other ways I don't. Curious how others feel about it.

6. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Realistically, I probably play about 8 hours a day with anywhere from a $1-$3 bet typically.

7. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like Bobo I really can't tell how many points or coin in I had to get the offers - I use my points up too and all I can see online is how many are left (not much help) - I guess they don't do transparent "tier" points like Total Rewards and MLife. To give you an idea though, I take 5K and DH takes 3K for a 3 day stay. DH plays exclusively slots and I play 50/50 slots/VP. We each play for between 6 - 8 hours a day at our home property. We will roll in smaller wins to our bankroll, but keep bigger ones (like the W2 type wins).

8. boo

boo Guest

Thanks!! That's helpful.

9. fred323

fred323 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wynn comp

we are comped @Bellagio- Cosmo - Atlantis - most of Jersey (which I don't care for -except they did a great job on the Golden Nugget) for standard three night stay. I wrote a letter to the Wynn Rep. (VP Marketing) and explained to him to please stop sending me the Wynn letter that invites us to stay for a special rate of $125.00 per night. It's a joke -why would I ever stay at Wynn and pay for a room... They just don't get the plot...

10. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does it make any difference whatsoever if I spend most of my slot time playing max bet on penny machines versus minimum bet on dollar machines in terms of how my play will be reviewed?? In essence, both would be 4-6 dollars a spin, but does the knowledge that I'm playing dollar slots as opposed to penny slots factor into comps??

11. slurpster03

slurpster03 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loooowww roller checking in...

I did the sign up bonus, 750 points = 2 free buffets using minimum bet penny (30-50 cents) and took about 2 hours. When I went to get my 2 free buffets, the players club told me I had a 3rd buffet that could be comped if I wanted in. It took maybe hour and a half to two hours?

As far as mailers, Buy 2 get 1 free at $129/per night Su-Th with $200 in FP.

12. sabre

sabre Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should get significantly better comps for the penny slot play, as your theoretical loss will be much higher.

13. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to learn more about this point. Is there a thread on it that anyone is aware of ??

14. boo

boo Guest

Just an update, I received a really nice Spring offer from Wynn. I earned 4,787 in about 24 hours or so last month and their offer is 3 nights comped (including about half the weekends until the end of May), $1000 free play and $200/night f&b. Can't wait to book this!

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The theo is generally different between penny and dollar, but I do not think it would be "significant". Total dollar/coin in is the bigger factor.

I would not play dollar machines to get more comps if you enjoy other machines more. After all, you are "paying" for entertainment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.