1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terminal 3 to Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Wistful Walt, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wistful Walt

Wistful Walt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 3 weeks ago, I initiated a thread about Terminal 3, and in particular was interested in the routing from there to the Orleans. I received exactly what I needed, and thought the subject was closed.
    But the fickle finger of fate has intervened. I just received an offer of 2 free nights at the Gold Coast. In checking out other commitments, flight schedules, etc. I have been able to fit it in just before our stay at the Orleans, so reserved them.
    So we are now arriving on Monday, Jan. 14. around 6:30PM. I am assuming now that a cab leaving Terminal 3, SHOULD go up Swenson and across Tropicana as the least expensive route. It would appear to me that it should then jog westward at Harmon, then north on Paradise to Flamingo, and finally west to the Gold Coast. I also assume that the stretch along Flamingo will be quite busy at that time of day in the Las Vegas BLvd. area so the fare before tip to the GC could be in the $25.00 range.
    Anything wrong with my assumptions? Or is there a less expensive route that should be looked at?

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a cab once from the airport to the Gold Coast, and he immediately took Tropicana to the west, as there's less traffic and fewer stop lights than getting to, and on Flamingo. He went over the I-15, turning north on the frontage road (Dean Martin Way / Industrial Rd.), right by In & Out Burger. This takes you to a side exit onto Flamingo (right in front of the Rio), and a short hop west of that puts you at the Gold Coast. Our tab was only $16, plus tip, but it did seem like he was lucky, getting most of the green lights along the way.

3. Wistful Walt

Wistful Walt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Buddha. I spotted that route on my map but couldn't be sure that it intersected with Flamingo by the Rio. It looks like the answer. If I can even mention Dean Martin Drive I can create the impression I know a little bit about the area, and put to rest any attempts to use that 'infamous' tunnel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.