1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet of buffets

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by haswhit, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haswhit

haswhit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about doing this one day for our upcoming trip. Planning on doing the Rio buffet (dinner)and also Paris (breakfast). Which others do you recommend?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming you don't want to pay a surcharge for the Caesars buffet, I'd recommend the PH buffet for your other dinner.

3. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffet of Buffet is no longer a "deal"

at 24.99 it was highway robbery

at 29.99 it was a great bargain

at 34.99 it was a good price

at 39.99 it just became another "offer"

at 44.99 its not worth standing in what could be an hour long line and hoping you might get what you went for

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did it twice in past week still one hell of a deal at 45 for 4 meals

Biggest surprise for me was the harrahs buffet i just loved the selection they had

Did harrahs paris Ph and flamingo twice each longest line was paris (once)maybe 15 minutes all the others were less than 10 people ahead of me

5. TheHangover

TheHangover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do 3 or 4 buffets in the 24 hours for 44.99 that comes out to be 15.00 or less for each meal.
    I think it is worth trying at least once, plus you can try different buffets and see what you like best without having to stuff yourself.

6. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last month and Spice Market was $31 for dinner.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I'm with you nuker. Besides, doing more than a couple buffets in 24 hours can create sensory overload

8. Kc4400

Kc4400 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did Planet Hollywood (dinner), Paris (lunch), and Harrahs (dinner) last year. Have done Rio seafood in the past, but need a reason to go over there. Have not done Caesars and has been many years since we did Flamingo (didn't care for it last time). Just make sure you pay attention that you are through the cashier within 24 hours of your first buffet, you can't be in line waiting, you must be through the cashier.

9. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    currently in town right now and if i'm not mistaken, there is now a $15 upgrade surcharge for each visit to Caesars Bacchanal or Rio's Village Seafood buffet.

10. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just because they are all you can eat buffets does not mean you have to stuff your face with everything available.. I like to eat just what I like and stay away from stuff I probably would not like. I for example bought mine at 9:30 am, started with breakfast at Paris which IMO is very good, no line. Then early afternoon went on to PH for lunch, then in the evening went back tp PH but had different food like crab legs, then the next morning back at Paris at 9am for breakfast. So for me it was a bargain, had four meals for $45 pp and did not eat the same thing twice and did not have to travel too far either.. Maybe not for everybody but was good for me. Would not say it's the best food I ever had but was still pretty good, especially the breakfasts at Paris with Crepes and Omelettes made to order. I have never tried the buffet at Harrah's but have heard it's pretty good. I have tried the one at Flamingo a few years back and was quite happy with the King crab (Not snow crab like they have now).

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and look at the health benefits. lol

I guess even if you were to go to each one and pick a bit here and there it would be a pretty good deal.

12. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do it once each trip - usually dinner the day we arrive and end up with 2 dinners / 1 lunch & 1 breakfast. Like so others, we do not over-eat...just enjoy the items we really like which makes it quite a deal for us. Looking forward to the new Caesars for dinner & since I am Diamond, can by-pass some of the long line. We will do Caesars the 1st nite, either Paris or Flamingo for breakfast, Harrah's or PH for lunch and Rio or PH for the 2nd dinner. That is enough for us....all restaurants for the rest of the trip. It will be $60 each for 2 days / 4 meals and w/pay with comps so it will continue to be a ritual for us unless they stop offering it.... :)

13. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two dinners are the way to go. If you get 4 meals out of the pass, you come out ahead, since otherwise it is roughly a 20% discount.

PHo Spice Market and Rio Carnival buffets are the only ones on the pass worth eating at nowadays. The upsell for Baccanal buffet isnt worth the charge.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.