1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using CET's RCs for airfare

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mjames1229, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (I buried this question in a response in a different thread, but am now thinking that it deserves its own thread).

When discussing what to do about using all of those Great Race RCs that I was awarded, I had mentioned that it would be great if I could use some for airfare. One person responded with this web page, and it looks like a winner.

I hadn't known about this before, and now my wife and I are planning to use our Great Race points for this airfare credit (with the understanding that it will cost me $400 in RCs for $200 in airfare).

However, the site that is linked couldn't be less specific about how these airfare credits are issued. The best that I can figure out is to add them to my "wish list" then print that and take it to any Caesers property TR desk.

Has anyone else done this? Are these for vouchers on any airline, or do I have to name an airline? Or do I pay for the ticket, then submit to Caeser's for reimbursement? Any and all help from someone who has done this would be appreciated.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The page was pretty thin on info, but I think that it may be part of the Great Gift Wrap-up.
    If that is the case, you need to attend one of the pre-scheduled gathering to use the points.

3. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on where you live, you may be able to just go to a CET property and get cash back. It will be at the same $.01 for 2 points rate. Not all properties do this, but I know an aunt of mine cashed in all hers in Chicago.

4. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NM. I didn't follow your link and posted the same thing.

There is a "Contact Us" section, you could maybe see if they'll respond to your question in a timely manner.

5. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Truth is, I had assumed that there would have been plenty of people who had done this... especially with the way CET hands out RCs in their promotions.

And its funny you mention "Contact us" Smo. I had done just that earlier today. And I just received this comforting response...

Thank you for contacting Total Rewards, The number below i have provided because they deal with the travel department and would be able to help you and answer any questions that you may have. Thank you for your patience.

1-800-737-7023

Total Rewards ​

Sigh. Don't they know that in a small office, making all these personal calls is almost impossible during the day?

So I guess I work overtime tonight

6. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess this isn't so bad. According to the helper on the other end of the conversation...

1) You go to a TR desk in person and ask them to exchange 20000 RCs for $100 in airfare.
    2) TR contacts Ceasers travel department.
    3) Caesers travel department will contact me to arrange for travel.
    4) If current airfare is too high, I would contact Caesers travel department when ready to book.

The only real downside I can see would be that impulsiveness that comes with seeing an unbelievable price that I can't wait to capture... Or if Caesers doesn't see that unbelievable price that I see.

I won't get to a Caesers property until New Years Eve, so I won't know for awhile how well this will go in practice.

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So there's no guarantee that they will book a cheaper flight than you can get.

Now you have to figure out if it would be cheaper to buy your own plane tickets, and then use the RC's for lodging, food, beverages, gift store purchases (my friend who is diamond uses his RC's for cartons of smokes), shopping online, or trading them in 2 for 1 in slot play. That's if you could even possibly use them all before they expire. :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.