1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest No more Nonstop Flights from TF Green (PVD) to LAS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by gpenguins67, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for all you folks from the New England area that fly out of TF Green, it appears as though Southwest stopped their nonstop flights to and from Vegas next year.
    Southwest was the only airlines that had a nonstop flight out of Green and it was always sold out or nearly sold out when i flew out. I don't understand why they stopped that flight. Does anybody know why?
    So now the only nonstop flight in the area would be Jetblue out of Logan... although i might take the layover and fly out of PVD than dealing with boston traffic.

2. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, I always used that flight to get to San Diego, and Ontario CA. I've never seen a single seat open on that flight. Looks like I have to start using Logan, and battle traffic.

3. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bradley in CT has one daily nonstop in each direction.

4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They cut back some of the non-stops from Austin to Vegas too. Every flight I have ever been on was sold out. Why would they cut those flights? I sure can't figure it out either.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Manchester NH to LV used to have one nonstop daily but then they opened at LOGAN, and they reduced the number of flights per day, then they offered the nonstop only for part of the year and now I believe it is not offered at all. Like those already mentioned here, the flight was sold out for all the flights that I took both ways. Go figure?

Jimbo338

6. mrsstats

mrsstats Tourist

Same thing happened on Long Island.

7. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate that they took away the MHT nonstop, but I have been able to book the direct flight (1 stop but no plane change) a couple of times and it's not terrible. Its usually under an hour turnaround and gives me time to use the facilities without climbing over people and dodging the heads hanging in the aisle! Plus I can change seats if I want to.

That said, my January trip will be on JetBlue out of Boston :rolleyes2: since they are nonstop and had better prices when I booked. It kills me to be locked in to price and times, though, since I enjoy playing SWA price roulette!

8. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Full flight does not always mean profitable flight. They are adding new routes and maybe they need the aircraft for those routes.

9. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I last flew this route in March, 2010 and there were quite a few empty seats in both directions. I enjoyed the convenience of it as I live about 10 minutes from TF Green Airport. If the prices were similar, I would rather to drive to Bradley(Hartford-Springfield area) than deal with the mess of Boston.

10. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've considered doing logan and just taking the peter pan/bonanza bus up there from Pawtucket(i think its about $20 an you dont have to worry about anyone driving you up and down through boston). I think Jet Blue still has nonstop but its more expensive than southwest was.
    On another note I've been doing some searches on Kayak and found that Delta and United have had round-trip flights from PVD for around $250 with one stop. That beats the Southwest prices all day long but the prices change on a daily basis.

11. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember gpenguins67, if you go on Delta or United you have the dreaded baggage fees that can add more to the bottom line. I took the Bonanza bus from Providence on one of my trips, and we ended up missing a bus by 5 minutes, and had to wait 2 hours for the night one. Not fun when you've come off a red eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.