1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife status-34,905

Discussion in 'Comps' started by languages1, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. languages1

languages1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from Vegas and spent 3 nights there. I was on an offer to see Bocelli. I made 34905. How is tht rated under the new system now. I am curious now that I lost all my points and I am starting over.

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to admit I don't fully understand your question, but if you're asking what tier you'd be at, then you're Pearl and about 40k from Gold. If you're asking what sort of offers you should expect after a 35k trip, then that's going to depend in large part on how many of those tier credits came from gambling as opposed to hotel/resort spend.

3. languages1

languages1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I meant about offers to get. I made all those points through slots only

4. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since my year was up I had to start from scratch as well and i did about 43,000 pts at MGM in November in 3 nights..... mostly slot, a little vp about 1/4 of the time on tables. They did still give me my gold level card which i reached earlier this year. I usually only go once a year but this time i went twice.
    Since i got back I got a few offers for 2 tickets to a few concerts(eagles, lady gaga, george strait) plus a 1 night stay no f&b or fp. Then this week i got my spring offer which was 1 night midweek and 2for1 to brad garrett no fp or f&b.(absolutely horrible)
    I havent really played much differently from before... i really dont get the massive decline in my offers. i was getting 3-4 night in a renovated room or suite with upwards of 250 in fp. It might be time change up my location. I was even thinking of stepping down to a lower tier hotel to see if they will give me more or even trying a total rewards hotel.
    Also on my first night i blew through around $500 and when i checked my account the next day no points registered. I went to the mlife booth that morning and they said that they strightened it out but i still wonder whether they did or not.

languages... i'm curious to know how they treated you on your spring offer?

5. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get how you got suites and 300 fp. I barely can get free rooms on weekends unless I ask for them.I earn say 60-70k in points for 3 days when I stay there mainly on slots. I really think Mlife has no rhyme or reason.

6. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a suite 1 time...... in august and I think that was because my last trip before that I stayed there 1 night at the end of my trip and played pretty big compared to usual. But I was getting 3-4 nights pretty steadily. I usually avg 40-60k point. Yeah I really dont understand mlife anymore.
    I do wonder if it makes a difference if I go to a lower tier place or if they just base everything off of your points now and just give you x number of express comps for coin in and factor in the cost of the room.

7. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is pretty mysterious. I always get conflicting info from the mlife personnel and hosts when I ask questions as well.

8. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a 4 night stay at MGM Grand. There were four of us but only my wife and I gambled. We had 2 rooms, 150 food budget a day, 4 tickets to the rodeo, limo use if we wanted, ( we took it to Fremont street one of the nights) . We did not have to use any express comps. We earned 80000 tier points and 400 express comps. We have $5100 express comps now. I think the express comps didn't accumulate as fast as last year, but our host gives us anything we have asked for so I'm not sure it matters. It's going to take 2 more trips to keep the platinum card. I've got a 7 day trip panned for the end of january.

9. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You only earned 80k tier points? You made 400 in express comps. What game do you play? I thought express comps and tier points were related.

10. Vegas-TT

Vegas-TT Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I just got back last week from a 3 night stay earning about 80,000 tier pts and only $80 in xpress comps. How did you make $400?

11. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something definitely weird with MLife. I'm at MB now, been here since Thursday. I've put 37,000 tier credits on my account and only earned $13 fking dollars in express comps. I'm NOIR card.

12. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play craps and the wife plays slots. We have a linked account. Express comps went from 4700 when we arrived to 5100 right now after we got home. We are at platinum level. I thought EC were capped at 5000, but my account says 5100.

13. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    80 k tier points is very little. I made 60k. I earned 55 in express comps. Are you sure u obly earned 80k55 points or did u get 800k

14. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that the tier points and express comps don't seem to match up there. But the 80K must be right, otherwise why would they be concerned about needing 2 more trips to maintain platinum?

Platinum is 200K/year.

15. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is definitely 80k points. I don't why The ratio of express comps to points is different. I also thought express comps were capped at 5000 and I'm at 5100 after Saturdays trip

16. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    another mLife head-scratcher

I have been to Vegas twice since the tier credits were reset. My overall gambling time was consistent per trip at about 15 hours per trip, with 90% of the play on the exact same $1 and $5 slot machines at the Mirage. After the first trip, in early November, I checked the mLife tier credits online and saw the following:

Tier Credits

Ah, I thought at the time, I guess I will need to get used to earning about a third fewer tier credits per trip because of the program changes.

But then I went on the second Vegas trip, which started on Nov. 29 and extended into the first weekend of December. Afterward, my tier credits were:

Tier Credits

There's no way that I had more than five times as much coin-in during the second trip. (The amount I earned in Express Comps was about the same for each.) This makes me wonder whether they have begun tallying the bonus credits based on your tier level at the end of each month, rather than in real time as you're playing?

Then again, it could just be more MGM policy implementation confusion and/or just website goofiness.

17. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is bizzare. I do not get it.

18. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what Kimsa and I were trying to explain over a week ago in a couple threads here. M-Life's new program hopefully has a glitch but if not they are now about the worst slot program on the strip in my opinion.

And as I said in a previous thread what makes it even crazier is all the generous comps they are giving out to Facebook users for playing the free myvegas game. I experimented with it and from playing the free game on and off for a month I earned more in free comps for food then I did when I stayed there last month and did over 100k in tier credits.

Between the way they handle their holiday shopping points and won't combine it with offers, and the lousy speciality slot situation, it's just not where I want to gamble anymore and I'm also currently NOIR.

19. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They changed the way you can exchange HGS points this year too. In the past you could exchange in $25 increments ( 7,500 points=$25 in FP), IE if you had 15,000 HGS points you could get $50 in freeplay, this year they made it $100 increments with $100 minimum. So if you had 22,500 points you had to spend them on actual gifts, if you had 112,500 you could only get $300 in freeplay (90,000 points) and then had to spend the other 22,500 on something else. My friend had around 25,000 points and he had to use them on some cheesy little $5 gifts from the catalog.

20. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love that MyVegas game and I find it completely hilarious that I can get better comps playing that for free than I got playing at Bellagio in June on my final MGM trip ever. Hahahahaha. Some dumbass consultant has them suckered and is smarter than us all because they are actually getting paid to come up with this crap formula, and paid by people who should know better. Probably some friend of Murren's from college living in his parents basement needed a job so Jimmy gave him the keys to the kingdom....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.