1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo host help

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mickeydfly13, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking for contact info for a host at Cosmo. I am a low level diamond at CET and just got one of those free cosmo offers for Sun-Thurs. Haven't really done any play at cosmo, but would like to book a Sat-Tues (3 night) stay for next week. I can get Sun/Mon, but am coming in on Sat. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    Mickey

2. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Notoriously hard to get good host service at Cosmo... I myself had platinum matched at Cosmo as a low level diamond with Cet and got terrible service when I tried to book a stay... And have decided to give up on them until they present a reason to come back...

As many have said its such a shame. I have a name but it won't help, he is one who has been outed on this board previously by others as a "bad host"

Good luck though! It's a gorgeous property.

3. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read the numerous problems with them and am well aware what I may be setting myself up for. Nonetheless I'd like to give the property a try.

Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with Matt Hagen there?

4. evanston45

evanston45 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Desiree as my host and she is truly awesome.

5. Mednec

Mednec Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host is Diana and if she replies within 2 weeks you have done well.

6. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL...

I have emailed three Cosmo hosts and have not heard back from any of them. I guess their reputations precedes them.

I don't understand why their marketing department is so crappy.

7. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe emailing doesn't work. I tried emailing a host and got no reply as well. :rolleyes2: I don't think the hosts even have a host office at the Cosmo.

8. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Desiree is very awesome. She responds by close of business every day that she works to any email I sent. Every once in awhile it takes an extra day. She is easy to work with and very friendly. I enjoy working with her. This could be why I have a totally different opinion than others regarding the cosmo. I am not a High Roller so I don't deserve anything special but she is courteous and upfront and tries to help when she can

9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just use their VIP marketing dept, if there is something special they need your assigned hosts approval for, they will ask if they can transfer you, at least in my experience. You can call the main line and ask for VIP Services.

At the end of the day, for me, Cosmo is a superior property from a physical perspective, and my expectations are set so low from a hotel service perspective (even though I've never had an issue in 3 stays), that I am happy enough with what I consider a very cool decor, the games I want, location, and most importantly super friendly dealers and bartenders.

I was also a "matched" platinum and found it more of a pain to use a host for every comp than to be able to use the points so "self-downgraded" back to Gold.

10. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beejay. You no longer have to use a host for platinum and you can use your points I believe. I got them to rematch me and it restarted my year time for the match. I love the place and the rooms. I think it is a great property.

11. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody is disputing the fact that its a great property, which I'm sure it is. But hosts totally ignoring customers, or falsely telling them they have reservations only for the guest to arrive and find no reservation at all, is really inexcusable.

12. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Office is in the high limit slot area. It is to the right of the bathrooms.

13. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah if that happened to me I would never go back, agreed it is beyond inexcusable.

And I do hear things like that have happened at Cosmo.

That is why I just go thru VIP services and make sure I arrive with a hard copy of my reservation confirmation, including checking occasionally leading up to the trip to make sure its still active. I've done that on all reservations ever since NYNY scumbagged me on a similar deal back in 2008. Usually have to call, but Cosmo has a link to look up existing reservations on their website.

It's a sad state of affairs, but people in general are incompetent these days, so its kind of the new normal.

14. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhhh, interesting, that is good to know. Would be worthwhile to get it matched then before my Milf-life platinum expires, if nothing else to grab a water in the lounge and for the limo ride.

I'll check into that upon arrival, thanks!

15. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have hosts at other properties who don't miss a beat. They are always on top of everything and email back no later than a day. It is certainly not the new normal, especially in a town revolved around excellent customer service.

It really isn't that hard to make sure your employees do their jobs. Which is why the hosting service at Cosmo baffles me. I'm glad that using the VIP services works for you. I just don't understand why, whoever is in charge over there, can't get their employees in line?

16. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So... If I'm a platinum at mlife I can get a higher card than the standard one at Cosmo? I like playing craps there cuz the dealers are friendly and fun, but haven't put in enough time to get any kind of offer to stay there like I get at the mgm properties. I'm silver at Cosmo. Will A higher card really mean anything until I put more time in?

17. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Higher card at cosmo will get you access to their little lounge where they poor drinks for you and a guest. Also if you stay there on your birthday you get a 250 dollar credit. Also get free internet and one movie as well if you stay there.

18. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what its worth, I've been corresponding with Matt Hagen and he seems very responsive and on top of things. He is a veteran from Caesar's and knows what's going on. If you need help contact him.

19. sailboat310

sailboat310 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird about reservations being missed....ive always received an email with reservation confirmation number when my host books for me....time to change hosts

20. usctrojanmd

usctrojanmd Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any chance I can get his info?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.