1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Questions on Flamingo Mini GO Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by eviliciouz, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Helloooo fellow LV lovers,

I booked the Mini Go Suite at The Flamingo during the Cyber Monday sale. We got a pretty good rate for 5 days and 4 nights in February. We are going to get married in Vegas, that's one of the reasons why we booked the mini suite. I want to have some space for my bridal party & I getting ready.

I've been looking on youtube, tripadvisor, here, and everywhere else for videos of Mini Go Suite. I found one video and some infos on it but I'm still confuse as how the layout of the room is going to be. Seems like some people who previously stayed at the mini go suite got different type of rooms.

Some of them got the room with a separate living room area, some don't. It will be nice if we would get the one with separate living room area, but I want to make sure that's a Mini Go Suite not the Neapolitan suite. Hopefully someone can clarify this for me?

Also is it worth it to get an upgrade to the Neapolitan suite by using the $20 trick? The pictures on CET website are very confusing. The Mini Go suite looks more modern than the Neapolitan suite. From the pictures, the Neapolitan suite looks kinda old.

I know there some constructions going on with IP & Bills (in February), I wonder if anyone can give me a suggestion for a good floor to stay at for the mini suite. We can have the strip view or the pool view, it doesn't matter to us as long as we won't hear construction noise.

Ok last question, our guests will also stay at The Flamingo and they just booked the FAB luxury room with king/2 queens. If they want to do the $20 tip, what room will they normally can get?

Thank you so much for your help! You guys are the best. :thumbsup:.

2. housdoc

housdoc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last we stayed in a flamingo Mini go suite it was just a large oversize room with a sitting area and a couch at the end of the bed....nothing to write home about.

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GO Mini everyone I have seen has been in the front facing Caesars, 1 big room 1 big shower no tub. Neapolitan is the 2 roomer. Many pics and youtube videos are labeled incorrectly. Their website will show you the correct ones. When I had a comped regular room 3 years ago I was given the option of a mini suite upgrade for $75 night or 2 room upgrade for $150 a night. I took the 2 roomer. Only reason I have not booked or upgraded to a mini is because I have yet to see one with a tub in it. I prefer a bath to a shower. The Neapolitan 2 room suite has 1.5 baths, full bath is normal no spa tub or anything. Both types of suites have an empty fridge and coffee maker in them. Same couch in both suites.

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be very surprised if $20 got you a Neopolitan upgrade unless the hotel was VERY low on occupancy.

5. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tammy58, do you know if Neapolitan suite is the old style suite or has it been upgraded as well? I'm fine with the mini go suite just to get ready, i'm sure my fiancee can get ready in his best man's room but it will be nice to have more space if I could do the upgrade.

Jgates, you don't think $20 will get me the neapolitan? Should i tip more?

6. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Neapolitan that I had was a GO suite. To tell you the truth I thought the furniture in it was dinged as hell. I am not usually the kind of person who cares about that. But for the $$$ they charge for it and the fact they give it to higher rollers I was shocked. The night table was ready for the trash. How many nights and day of the week will determine upgrading at checkin. Mini will give you more floor space, to book from scratch the Neapolitans are double what the minis are (at least the dates I looked at were). Same exact bed, couch, desk area in both suites that I have seen. Since it is your wedding go ahead and spring for the bigger suite (I reread your original post and see the attendants are getting ready together). Waiting until you checkin to upgrade you are taking a gamble.

FYI...I don't know if they always do this...but when I have booked a Pay for room on the CET website, if you pay attention after you finish your booking, on the top of the page it tells me to upgrade now ( to whatever the next room type is). If you book a mini suite it is possible they are offering you a Neapolitan at 10% off (you have to pay close attention to see this). I did this at Harrahs the past 2 years, book a petite suite and it would offer me to Upgrade Now to the next type room (classic executive suite) for 10% off the price.

7. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much, Tammy. I think I'm going to gamble this one. Sounds like the Mini will be better for us because of the special day I don't really want to surrounding ourselves with old furniture. My fiancee can get ready in his brother's room since guys don't need to get their hair & make up done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.