1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo to and from the airport

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DReynolds86, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's going to be my girlfriend's first trip to Las Vegas and I was thinking of hiring a limousine to take us from McCarran to the Flamingo and back, with possible adding a bottle of champagne to put a little flourish on it. What are your recommendations for the best way to accomplish this and what are the best limo companies for doing something like this? Thanks.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Opinions obviously vary, but I just prefer to go thru the Hotel. It will cost about $65. The driver will be waiting at your luggage pick up with a sign w your name on it. They have never let me down and have always been very nice and accomodating to any request. Just call the Flamingo and tell them you want to request limo service.

3. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend Presidential Limo service. For $130.00 round trip you will get baggage meet and greet (sign with your name on it), champagne and a rose for your lady. This is a web special so you can book it online.

Top notch service, I don't work for them but you will see very high review on this board. I don't use them anymore because my hotel sends a limo for me...but I have used them in the past and they are GREAT!

4. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the limo service from Harrahs many times and have also been very pleased with the service--it was running about $60.00 but the nice thing is that you can pay for it with your reward credits when you check out.
    Also the drivers have been great about stopping at a liquor store on the way and even came in and carried the bags.
    I would suggest calling the Flamingo and possibly they can also arrange for the champagne and rose you want

5. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like a plan. I have about 6,000 rewards points with Caesars so I imagine I could use them to pay for the champagne and rose and limo and just pay the rest out of pocket. I'll just have to ring them whenever I get back to the United States.

6. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus as you are staying at the Flamingo I am sure you will earn even more reward points--hope you have a wonderful trip and hit a big one :peace:

7. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. All I can say is that after a four-month deployment, I'm gonna need a vacation! :beer:

8. haswhit

haswhit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you request limo service if staying at Caesar's Palace also? Anyone know the price for that? Would be cool to do it that way. ;-)

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course! The Limos just say "Caesars" on them and are not exclusive to one property. Its $60 to $65 for Ballys and Flamingo, so that is likely what you would be looking at for Caesars Palace as well.

10. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the average tip for a trip like this? $15-20?

11. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why I love this forum. I had no idea you could request a limo from the hotel. When I see limos at the airport picking people up I have always assumed they were whales and the hotel just sent the limo because of that.

12. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always done $20.00

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WE always give $20, that seems to be pretty standard as it has been discussed on here at length. Driver always seems quite happy with that as well.

14. fifty-six

fifty-six Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you just walk up to a limo a d ask for a price to the stril? Are they out there like cabs?

15. cxi

cxi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a limo through the concierge for my Vegas trip this weekend and the price says it includes gratuity. Should I take that as gospel and NOT tip the driver directly?

Thanks!

16. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. There are limos available for hire at the limo desk just outside Baggage Claim in Terminal 1. The limo desks are just inside the doors in Terminal 3.

Hourly rates for a town car are $40 or $45, limo is $65, stretch limo is $75.

17. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak for Vegas specifically, but when I encountered at home this I left a very small tip (like $5) and said, "I know the gratuity is included, but I wanted to give you a little extra", because I thought the service was very good. The driver seemed quite pleased. If the service was average I would not have tipped anything additional. Included is included.

18. haswhit

haswhit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So wondering if the limo stopped off at liquor store on the way to hotel if they might also stop off at the nearest cvs etc to let us stock up on snacks and waters for the room?

19. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely! You pay by the hour for the limo/town car/stretch limo - so the drivers are willing to accommodate stops wherever you wish. Just be mindful of the time - if you make multiple stops, you may run over an hour (and may be charged for an additional hour) by the time you arrive at your hotel.

We always stop at a certain CVS on our way to our hotel from the airport. The CVSs (and probably other chains, as well) have a liquor section at the back of the store, as well as tons of snack food, soda, etc.

20. haswhit

haswhit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if I want to get limo service from Caesar's Palace then do I call straight to motel and ask for limo service? Also how far in advance can you request it or does it have to be day of? Haven't ever done this before but think I will splurge this upcoming trip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.