1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Liquor Store Delivery

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by blackjacknut, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine is going to Vegas in February and he asked me a question yesterday to which I did not know the answer. He wanted to know if any of the liquor stores in Vegas deliver to the hotel rooms? I told him I wouldn't think so but I would ask........

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vons grocery store delivers and originally they didn't deliver alcohol but someone posted a year or so ago they'd had alcohol delivered as part of their order.

The liquor store in the airport is open now.....

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That may have been me posting about having Von's orders of groceries/alcohol delivered to my Strip condo. Not sure about the hotels - it may depend on the particular hotel. A quick call to the Front Desk should clear it up.

Bill

4. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh...yes, I forgot about this...thanks I will tell him.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be surprised if this can be done, as liquor licenses are issued to a location. You can have off-sale (packed to-go) or on-site (bar), but I'm unaware of the ability to just sell anywhere in town. Impossible to "police"? There are catering type licenses, but I don't think this fits in that "box" either. I was a member of the Liquor & Entertainment Board for a northern county and know it can't be done there, but Clark County and Las Vegas often do their "own" thing.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  6. ballhog

ballhog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what type of markup the airport liquor store charges? You could always have the taxi stop at a party store and wait for you. They don't charge to much to wait.

7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, we already have a first person report that the grocery store did deliver alcohol to a timeshare condo in Vegas, so.....

Someone was supposed to check and come back and report - haven't noticed if anyone has in that thread though......

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... so... then I guess folks should completely ignore my comments, especially since I'm probably the only person posting on the board who has actually been a Nevada elected representative and given out liquor licenses for 10 years. My thoughts on the matter mean nothing... I'm sorry I weighed in :ssst:

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vons delivers booze to hotels on the Strip. I've done it 3 times.

The minimum order for delivery is $49 (not including delivery fee).

To be more specific about delivering to "rooms" - the Vons delivery guy calls you when you're pulling in and you have to meet them in the lobby. One time the delivery guy came up to the room with his hand truck (the bell desk had given him an OK), the other two times I had the bell desk bring the stuff up.

Unless you can carry all the stuff from the lobby to your room yourself, the correct protocol is to have the bell desk do it.

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Opinions are always welcome when given pleasantly (as yours was). However, given other evidence presented, it's probably not especially relevant to the question at hand. That's all I was trying to say. Liquor delivery and liquor licenses = not the same thing.....

11. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure enough, go to Vons website register and choose your booze to be delivered...thanks Chuck I will let my buddy know. We all learned something new today...... :)

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delivery would be very low on my list of options.

Having to hang around waiting from some guy to show up with booze that is now probably twice what I would have paid in the hotel gift shop is not my idea of a fun trip.

13. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't asking anyone's opinion on whether they would do it or not, I wanted to know if it was possible.....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.