1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Buffet -- Weekend vs Weekday Selection

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by macfisto, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if there will be certain items (such as king crab) that will be only available on Friday's and Saturday's at the new Caesars Bacchanal Buffet? I see that dinner is slightly more expensive those days, and didn't know if the reason is a more extensive selection.

Thanks.....

2. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would also appreciate any info on this particular buffet if anyone has tried it. I don't remember when it was suppose to open/start but I know it will be open for our upcoming trip in October.

3. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars buffet

They have crab legs every night along with large peeled shrimp, all in all
    300 items nightly thats a lot , i dont mind paying that wynns is 35 and its not like this in items . enjoy
    it opened this past tuesday.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  4. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ihad king crab legs on a monday

5. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The offerings are the same every day of the week. And it's just as busy every day of the week =D

6. magic_man12

magic_man12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can tell you the line on Thanksgiving was 2 hours for the express line, and 4 hours for the regular line :|

7. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's insane!!! I'm planning on eating at Caesars Buffet on a Wednesday morning in a couple weeks. Hopefully the line won't be long. Going to have to get there early!!!

xman30

8. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I ate there tonight.

This is one of the quietest nights in Las Vegas. We arrived at 7:15 and there was a relatively short line...perhaps 50-60 people ahead of us. Yet it took almost 40 minutes to be seated.

We were expecting to be blown away by this buffet, based on all the great reviews. But we weren't.

Here are my complaints:

1. The food stations are laid out all wrong. The two most popular...the meat carving station and the king crab legs station need to be spaced out more. Always long lines at those two.

2. Where are the salads and the fruits? Well, they seem to be here and there. Good luck finding them, and when you do, you'll be disappointed.

3. Bread? Very small selection.

4. Cheese? Yes, they had some...but no crackers to go with them.

Now for the good things:

1. Service was excellent. Empty plates cleared rapidly, and drinks refilled often.

2. Excellent deserts.

3. King crab legs already split, and offered hot or cold.

To summarize, good food but poorly laid out. Be prepared to wait in line to get in, and then to wait in line to get your food.

John

9. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ate there last week. I was severely underwhelmed.

First of all, we ate at 2:30 p.m. on a Tuesday. They decided to jack it to DINNER PRICES for some reason. make that money, huh? You will also notice you can't find their hours posted anywhere, so they can jack the prices anytime they want. dinner prices in the early afternoon? Really? But we paid it cause we wanted to check it out.

First of all, everything that was breaded and fried was WAY overcooked, where it was all dark brown and too crunchy. And it wasn't at just one station, it was all of them. I agree with VermonterJohn, the layout was bad and on toip of it, there would be big poys of stuff with no sign and no idea what it was. I walked away from Ceasar's buffet only impressed with two things: the shrimp and grits and the deserts.

People are gonna wis up quick about this buffet, imho. It's new and that's about all it's got going for it. By way of reference, I love Wynn's buffet, along with Wicked Spoon and Bellagio. Ceasar's struck me as a oversized, glorified Harrah's buffet. I was really disappointed.

(Oh, yeah, we started with one server, who promptly disappeared for about 20 minutes, then we had to grab someone else to clear our numerous plates and get us a drink. I noticed the table next to us wasn't happy with thei service, either. Another thing I found strange, all the servers were women and had to be pushing 65-70 years old. Odd.)

10. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there a couple of weeks ago also and I thought it was great.
    The prime rib was best I have had at a buffet. The tomahawk ribeye was also great. The boiled shrimp were best I have had at a buffet.

I thought everything I ate was very good. I would go again. I know you could nit pick the buffet for some things but I highly recommend it. It was expensive $42.95/pp for dinner but we knew that so it was no big deal. I have always felt that you should eat good because it took an hour or so to eat and I average more loss than that per hour at the craps table:peace:

We are diamond so we had no wait. It looked like about 30 people in line. It was about 6pm on a Thursday night.

11. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was super excited to try this place on Thanksgiving. Got there around 6:30 and thought my Diamond card would make for a quick wait...nope. The wait for Diamond members: TWO HOURS. Everyone else: FIVE HOURS.

Said screw it and got a fat juicy steak at Homestead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.