1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recommendation needed for Hoover Dam/Lake Meade Tour

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by HowardK, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowardK

HowardK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, could someone please provide a recommendation for a hoover dam/lake meade combo tour? Thanks! Was planning on doing this the wednesday I would be out there.

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about guided tours, but if you are up for renting a car and doing some hiking, the "Railroad Trail" is a beautiful hike along Lake Mead and you can hike all the way from the trailhead to the Visitor Center of the damn, about 4 miles. Bring plenty of water and a camera. :)

3. wroberson

wroberson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. bsf436

bsf436 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the Grand Canyon Tour Company/Hoover Dam Tour Company trip to Hoover Dam. Luckily I got a Groupon (which are fairly common) and got the tour for $29.99 per person instead of $59.99 because I didn't feel it was worth it. The history lesson on the way there was nice, but you only get two hours at the dam and security into the tour takes a ridiculously long time. We had 15 minutes at the end of the tour to take pictures and get back to the bus or we would have been stranded.

The other irritating aspect of the tour was the note on the seat asking for gratuities when we got on the bus and then the driver mentioning it when we got back to town. :nono: I understand that tipping is expected for good service, but to blatantly ask for it rubs me the wrong way.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.