1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2013 Superbowl XLVII Roll Call

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by LAURLUVS2BOWL, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is to let it be known who all is going to Vegas for Super Bowl 2013, and possibly meet up before/after/during the Big Game!

I will be in town from Feb 1-5 and plan to watch the game at the LVH Theater! :thumbsup:

2. soloman

soloman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jan30-feb6 Not quite sure where we are watching game yet(any ideas?),staying at flamingo. We have stayed at ceasars,harrahs,ballys, in the past. 3 guys in our 30's may take in the ufc event as well.:beer:

3. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 50/50 right now, I usually go to the Big Game but we might switch it up and do Vegas this year. I am going to Talk to a host during my XMAS Vegas trip and see what I can get for Viewing party's. I usually always get offers but have never taken them up.

If we end up in Vegas I will be down for a meet up.

4. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I arrive 1/31 staying at Orleans until 2/4. We always watch the game at the South Point free watching parties which are a blast. Might be hard to meet up as we have a total of about 20 people who get together that weekend.

Annual me and Pete
  5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting in town on Sat afternoon, staying DT at El Cortez Sat and Sunday, then migrating to the Flamingo for Mon. and Tues. night. Not sure if I am going to bring my buddy or my GF. My buddy and I are late 30's and hit Sin City about 3 or 4 times a year. We usually stay at Flamingo/Ballys/Harrah's, but decided to try the DT because of the cheaper beer and food options. We also dig the vibe.

6. dw2121

dw2121 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I get in late on Friday night. We are staying at the MGM Grand and have tickets to the George Strait concert on Saturday night. After that we have decide what are plans are yet.

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, had no clue George Strait was in town, this may change things a bit!!

8. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been doing LV for the superbowl for the last 12 years. Staying at Ballys this year. CET is good about free rooms, but I'm not big enough to get invited to their parties.. I hear a lot about the South Point free party. Can you give me more detail. When do doors open? How early do you need to stand in line to get seats? Do they take bets in the event area or do you have to run to the sports book? Food?
    Thanks

9. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too am interested in S. Point potentially. I currently have 3 hotels booked - El Co Tower, Orleans, and Plaza (which i booked for a VERY low rate when they had discounts last week). Stay tuned on where i end up!

10. soloman

soloman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a platinum member with ceasars will that get you an invite to the superbowl parties?

11. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I missed going last year due to unemployment, but my buddies went and told me they opened the upstairs ballrooms really early like 11 A.M. and they just went up and grabbed good seats. In previous years (have been there the 5-6 prior years) they would open the doors around 1 and by that time there were maybe 300 people in line, but the ballrooms (two) are both large enough that if your group gets there by 1 you can snag a table. They have the round banquet tables with 10-11 chairs each, probably 40 in each room.

The game is shown on a huge screen probably 30' by 20' and picture and sound are good. hey do have betting windows right outside the rooms as well as food...you buy tickets and use them to get food and drinks. They typically have pizza, hot dogs, and chicken strips out in the hallway while bars are inside each ballroom.

Annual me and Pete
  12. danielao

danielao Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked, but actually haven't decided whether I'm going or not.

Booked January 31-February 5 at Bally's. Got three of the five nights comped based on minimal play last year.

Hope to find a better place to watch the game this year. Found a "free" viewing at MGM Grand last year, in the just-closed-the-night-before Studio 54. A beer was like $11. :faint:

13. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feb 1-5 group of 6 people staying 2 at Monte Carlo 2 at luxor and 2 at PH. We will be watching the game at Miller's ale house in town square. $75 per person includes reserved seats food and open bar including top shelf drinks and about 25 different beer taps.

14. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going solo for the Big Game. Harrah's Thurs & Friday, then three days at the Orleans.

15. LuckyDuckyDan

LuckyDuckyDan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're coming in the day of the Super Bowl. Land around 11:30 AM.

The more I think about it, the more I want to just throw the bags in the car and go to a SB party. Might waste too much time going to the hotel (Paris) and checking bags, etc.

Equalizer - what's the vibe like at Miller's? Is it the same Miller's ale house that's popular out east (NY/NJ, FL)? $75/pp incl. booze + food is a great deal. Does that need to be reserved ahead of time?

16. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year Miller's ale house was a blast and was packed I am not sure if you have to book ahead of time but it likely will sell out it was about 1/2 sold out 2 weeks ago. The food is buffet style but was pretty good and far better then you get from a lot of the hot dog chicken wings and nacho type buffets on the strip. Service was good don't think at any point I had less then half a beer before the waitress was filling me up. Been going to Vegas for super bowl for years and other then invite VIP parties this is the best value I've had.

As far as your other question I believe it is the same as the east coast Miller's ale house it is a chain bar/restaurant. If you do go with Miller's call and book with them directly a couple websites are selling tickets for $120 instead of $75.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  17. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and 3 buddies are also flying out and staying at MGM and have George tickets. It should be a good show.

18. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 2 tickets to George Strait if anyone is looking for tickets feel free to send me a PM me about them I am not looking to make a profit on them but had to pay for 1 night stay at MGM to get them 3 nights they comped. any transaction will be in person since i have to pick them up that weekend. Once again I am not trying to make a profit on these and so I expect that whoever wants these is not going to turn around and try and sell them.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  19. TMAN

TMAN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't PM

Interested in the SB party tickets but can't PM. Please PM cost at your convenience.

Thank you

20. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A buddy and I will be flying out on January 31st and leaving the night of Sunday the 3rd after the Superbowl. I am not sure where I am staying or which SB party. I have have been staying downtown the last several trips at The Plaza. I have comped offers from The Cosmopolitan, Treasure Island, The Palazzo, and also several downtown properties. I dont know where I will be watching the game yet either. I am definitely down for a meetup..:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.