1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast - Checking out Early

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by domeboy, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a great offer from Gold Coast for two comp nights with $50 free play each day and $50 food credit each day. I will be staying on the Strip, but plan on checking in to Gold Coast on a Friday for two nights to take advantage of the food credit and free play. I always enjoy Gold Coast so I will most likely hang out there friday evening and during the day Saturday.

A couple questions:
    1. What does Gold Coast consider "a day" for free play and food credits. Midnight, 6 am, checkout time, or some other time.
    2. How should I handle checking out? Should I just leave the key card in the room when I am done Saturday afternoon, or do I need to come back and settle up on Sunday Morning.
    3. Do they have have the account look up thing on their TV's. If I can verify that my food allowance credits properly, I have no problem leaving saturday afternoon. Otherwise, I might be better off stopping over Sunday morning to check out at the front desk.
    4. Any other hints on how to handle this? The mailer said you had to be registered to get the food credit, but didnt come right out and say the Free Play was only for guests. In fact, it didnt reference the hotel offer code at all. If I knew when the cutoff is for the free play, I might just stop by before the deadline to get the first day, then get the second days free play right after the deadline. In this case, I wouldnt take them up on the hotel/food offer.

2. boo

boo Guest

1. I was told at the players card counter that it resets at midnight but I didn't try it so I can't verify that.
    2. Since you're taking advantage of the food credit, it's probably worth stopping by the front desk on Sunday just to make sure all the charges are taken care of. Just a reminder, tips aren't covered by the credit.
    3. I really can't remember if they had the account information on the TV but I do remember going down to check out at the desk in all the stays I've had here.
    4. IME, the free play wasn't attached with my room offer. I checked in past midnight on Friday for a Friday-Sunday reservation so I thought I missed the first half of my free play. When I went to collect the second half on Saturday afternoon, they told me that I could still actually collect my first half and then come back to collect the second half the next day (Sunday), so the free play didn't depend on the days I was actually staying there.

Sorry I couldn't help more. I've stayed here a couple times so I thought I would try.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I last stayed at GC a few weeks ago (and will again next month) and you are, indeed, able to review charges and check-out from the TV. If the bill is correct, I usually just hit "check-out" and leave. However, it's amazing how many times a hotel, most hotels, manage to screw things up. And since I typically stay at two or more hotels on a single trip, it's almost a rare occurrence when nothing is screwed up. Most of the time, they charge me for the room when it's comped, and that's even after verifying my comped status during check-in! That's always a bit unsettling, but fortunately has always been corrected after a visit to the desk, which is also why I always bring paper printouts and notes of all relevant info.

Have a great trip!

4. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting point about the free play. From the way my offer reads, it looks like mine isnt tied to the room either, but the food definitely is.

I may be just better off canceling the reservation and stop over right before midnight and take my chances that it resets at midnight. Best case scenario I get both $50 free plays in one stop, and worse case scenario I come back the next day for the second $50.

This way I get away from the hassle of having two rooms, but I lose $100 in food credit. I will be going solo, so the food credit isnt such a big deal and the choices are limited at Gold Coast.

Does this sound like a better idea? Also, based on the current rates for car rentals, it doesnt look good that I will have a car, so schlepping back and forth on the shuttle (I am staying at Caesars Augustus Tower) just to get free food at TGI Fridays seems kind of foolish.

5. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking of taking advantage of my offer from GC. Does GC have security at the elevators like the Orleans does?

Thanks!

6. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The security at the elevators is usually only in the evenings at Gold Coast.

7. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.