1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Splitting Stays and ADT

Discussion in 'Comps' started by domeboy, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, here are the facts first.

I have been concentrating my play at CET properties since I play in both AC and Vegas; CET is a major player in both markets and this gives me good comps. I am diamond at CET and Gold (0 tier points and negative express comps) still at MLife from prior play (haven't played or stayed since 8/11).

I am going for 6 nights (Friday through Thursday) in January. The first three nights I have a comp room at Caesars (Augustus Tower) and $300 in free play (my best offer ever BTW), and right now I have a reservation at MGM Grand for a comp room for the last three nights ($150 in free play plus I verified with a host that the room is subject to the resort fee....boo...hiss).

The reason I picked MGM for the last three nights was to check out the remodeled rooms, spend some time on the south strip, and my thought process is that doing two back to back offers at CET would hurt future offers with them.

I am now thinking maybe I should spend the last three nights at Paris ($50 resort credit,no resort fee of course) in a Red Room. Instead of playing at MGM I would play at Paris or other Total Rewards properties which should help me stay diamond during 2014. BTW, if I do stay at MGM I would expect this to be my last time since I probably wouldn't play that much and I am sure offers will start to dry up.

In terms of preference, I like the South Strip, but I always enjoy Paris, and of course I am looking forward to trying the Augustus Tower. I plan on using MYvegas loyalty points to buy some buffets and other food at MGM properties no matter where I stay.

Sorry for the long question, but I am interested in what everyone would do.

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing you'd have to find out before you worried about a decision is if you can even book the back to back CET offers. Often that's not allowed, and if it isn't, then you have no decision.

I'd not worry about the resort fee at MGM. You can get it comped off at the end, if they even charge it to you in the first place. I know you verified, but sometimes it's so confusing that even the check in staff doesn't know.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, your bankroll is your bankroll. You have to have some strategy like a daily loss limit to make it last.

Not staying at MGM at all won't hurt your future offers there, at least not for a while. But if you blow your bankroll the first 3 days and have to low-play MGM, it will hurt.

On the other hand, if you blow the bankroll early, you're still gonna end up having a lower ADT for your 6 nights at CET.

So I don't see much difference. Paris, $50 resort credit. MGM $150 free play minus $75 or so in resort fees = $75.

I'd probably stay at Paris and rack up more CET Tier Credits. You already said you probably wouldn't stay at MGM again, so why bother this time? Say ta-ta to MLife with a negative Express Comps balance, lol :beer:

4. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In this case, I would spend the second half of my trip at MGM. You seem to indicate you will short play them anyway, so if your luck/funds allow for some serious play after the initial CET stay, then just schlepp down the strip to a CET hotel, and rinse and repeat if your luck holds.

5. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess short play isnt the right way to explain it; if I stay at MGM I will probably play less than if I stay at Paris.

I guess my question is whether the fact CET gives me the free rooms for the last 3 nights in addition to the first 3 nights will that hurt my future offers? Or do future offers have to do with my ADT regardless of how many nights they comp me?

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's all about your daily average. They will let you move in and live there as long as you play enough.

If you're still considering MGM, you could think about this:

Allocate 2/3rds of your bankroll for your stay at Caesars. This will keep your ADT high at CET almost regardless of your luck those 3 nights. You'll basically have a 4 night bankroll for a 3 night stay.

Then low-play at MGM since you don't care what happens with them.

For some people who gamble, this might not work because they like to play at the same level all the time and it would feel weird to be betting smaller for the last 3 nights.

7. luvvp

luvvp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, you better call reservations to see if you can book back to back, then you can decide what to do.

8. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chuck, I am actually leaning towards doing something similar to what you are suggesting. I will most likely play more of my bankroll the from Friday through Sunday at Caesars because there is a 200k sweepstakes there and you get additional entries for playing. It will be kind of fun to see if I can win some of that jackpot. I know I most likely wont win anything, but it might still be fun.

Then, I will check in at MGM on Monday, but play mostly at Paris and take advantage of the diamond lounge while I am there. Then the last two days I will play some at MGM utilizing my free play there along with some of my bankroll. I always enjoy MGM Grand, so I most likely will want to stay again so I will play at my usual comfort level. This way I get to see the new rooms at MGM, most likely will stay on there radar, and I have some free buffets at Monte Carlo through the MYvegas game that I can use while in the neighborhood.

Only a low roller would include free buffets in hotel selection....lol.....Actually, I usually have these things all planned out, and when I get there the plan goes to pieces......But, that's OK....it is fun planning, and the reason I enjoy going solo is I can just go where Vegas takes me......

As a bonus, I got a mailer from Gold Coast yesterday saying I can get $50 in free play two days during January. Doesn't look like I need to stay there to get it, but I might go ahead and double book a room there to get the $50 per day food credit also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.