1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

fly first class or not?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TheHangover, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHangover

TheHangover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK so with this one day southwest deal I have really been researching if I should pull the trigger and reserve.
    I did some days in December for 7 days flying southwest with one stop each way with a Flamingo GO room it would cost me around $519 total

Then I did a search in December also for 7 days and this time on Delta with nonstop in first class (so also no bag fees) plus a Flamingo GO room it would cost me around $747 total

So I am assuming December is cheap since its right before Christmas which I am totally ok with I just want to get to Vegas and at a good price but yet being it will be solo and my first time flying I also want to feel good about my choice.

Any thoughts on the 2 flight options I am thinking of?

2. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't fly Southwest so for me the choice would be easy.
    It depends how much $200 means to you.
    I continue to fly USAir because the upgrades are easy and being in the front of the bus is much better than being in the back of the bus.

3. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup, really depends on how much that $228 difference in value means to you.. Which is about $115 each way. if you've never done it, then you probably should. The complimentary meal (if your flight is long enough) and complimentary booze is nice. Not to mention the much more comfortable seating. I've flown first a few times to Vegas and it definetly makes for a much nicer experience.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, I’ll echo the “it depends what $200 means to you” statement.

Then, I’ll say…no-brainer! Take the first class flight!

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love flying first class on Delta – I really do - when I get a free upgrade. I'm afraid there's no way I'm going to pay the equivalent of an extra ticket for a warm towel, mediocre meal, free drinks on the way to the land of free drinks, free movie (if there's video on the particular aircraft, and a little extra space. (Sometimes it doesn't actually cost as much as another ticket, but sometimes it's even more.) Even with nearly 300,000 Skymiles, I'd rather use them for flights. Cheap? You bet! But that's just me.

6. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would rather spend that 200$ on something in Vegas or add it to my bank roll

7. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me this would be a no brainer, I'd go with the first class.

Keep in mind it's likely non refundable and non changeable... So be sure of those dates! Good luck.

One thing to check is if it is a meal flight. But either way for that price I'd still do it. Even just for nonstop aspect. That's extra time in vegas

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me the choice would be easy: I would pay the little bit more and go with first class on Delta.

Yes, it will cost more, but I think the non-stop flights both ways and flying first class are easily worth the extra $100-something each way.

But then I really don't like taking flights that make stops, especially if I would have to change planes, and so I already choose to pay more to fly non-stop when I am going to Las Vegas.

9. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go with the non-stop option more than anything else. You always have to worry about delays if there is only an hour or so between flights. If 2-3 hours or more, your waisting time in an airport instead of being in Las Vegas. If you need to check even one bag, the possibility of it not arriving with you goes up. What impact will the final arriving time have on you for check-in, show and eating reservations or just being less tired from a long day of travel? To me that Delta flight looks mighty good.

10. Pilotlg

Pilotlg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always go with the non stop option, always fly first class to Vegas. Its worth it!

11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a PS to my earlier post, I WAS comparing first class vs. coach on non-stop flights. Fortunately, from Atlanta, there are usually an abundance of non-stops for the same price. Yes, non-stop is, indeed, worth spending more to get than stops or changing planes. How much is the question, but that's seldom an issue for me.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First Class + non-stop is worth $115 each way.

13. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my August trip I upgraded using points on Delta and flew first class, connecting in Minneapolis. Food, meh, entertainment system did not work on the way out and the plane did not have one on the return flight, meh. Service was good and free drinks are always nice. Would I pay the extra, yes. In addition to the advantages already discussed, you get priority boarding as well as priority TSA passage (line-cutting). I do like both of those. For me the biggest reason would be nonstop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.