1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA airfare price drop

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by captainron62, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been watching SWA fares for the last couple of months for Superbowl weekend. I was ready to throw in the towel, but they dropped today, about $60 round-trip. $292 rt!

2. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats awesome Ron... I did see that even today, they have some pretty good deals going on too!

Our return flight still hasnt come down.... I blame it on the holiday travel. I ended up paying more to come home from vegas then I did for the roundtrip flight we took in September!

Kelli

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW, are you serious?? I was worried the Superbowl would keep prices held high for that weekend, I am happy with the $292! I consider anything under $300 a bargain! Southwest is such a grind, you just gotta keep watching and watching!!

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying out of Dallas (Love Field) on Feb 3 (SB Sunday) and return Thursday noon-ish...109 $ each way but used points so it came out to about 10,900 pts total....no charge on taxes / fees I suppose.....We get there at about 10 in the a.m. with plenty of time to get ready for the game. Love SW....good luck to you!!

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, gotta love it though, only direct flight option I have!!

good luck!! super excited!!

6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i am jealous its still 450+ for a RT from BWI or IAD :(

7. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Are you flying out of Columbus or CAK? $292 is a nice price.

I've been watching flights from Cleveland for the last 2 months for our March Madness trip. The flights out finally came "down" from $360 to $273 :rolleyes:. The only available return flight is still $360. So the total is $633 RT.

We are currently booked out of DTW for $297 RT and both flights are NS.

Unless CLE comes down to around $400 RT, we will be flying out of DTW and making the 2.5 hr drive.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying direct flights out of Columbus, CMH. 4 hours out and 3:45 back! not bad at all!!

9. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cle to las has been just insane. Cak hasn't been much better lately. Some good/decent days. Great if I want to fly out and never return. Our flight out was 128. Returning we ended up at 253. Good thing free rooms help equal it all out

Kelli

10. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked my reservations today front leg dropped to $89 :thumbsup:, now my total trip for 3 from Boston is now $597.60 :beer: less than $200 for each RT :drunk: , I can use the price drop now for Early Bird if I want or maybe a better return flight, so I will still watch the flight board till the very end Gotta love no change fees :nworthy:

11. Bloodsucker101

Bloodsucker101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest

We just booked our Southwest Flight for June 2013 the rates are really good from Phila PA for 2 people roundtrip a total of $553.00 when in Sept 2012 we went to Vegas got tickets in Jan 2012 and the cost was 825.00. What a savings we got this time.
    Can't believe it Vegas here we come

12. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I will now stop complaining about airfare!! I have been flying from Columbus Oh to Sin City for the past four years, three or four times annually. The highest I have ever paid is $380!!

It is usually in the $300 to $360 range. Now I see why lots of you dont go three or four times a year!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.