1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palms Poker Room

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Kem59, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone give an over view of the poker room at the Palms? I heard it's nice. Comps? Beverage Service? Games? I looked at the web site so I have a general idea. What about the vibe? The players?:drunk:

2. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

this info is from last late may, so things may be different. i went down to las vegas solo, for three days, to scope out the world series of poker across the street at the rio, but had a good offer from the palms, so stayed there until moving over to the ti to meet the rest of the family and host my son's 21st b-day trip.

not a lot going on there, never got enough players to have a regularly scheduled tournnament in the afternoon. played a couple times in the low limit game, not that much fun, but might have been the player mix. couple college kids, with earbuds, pretty much playing to see how many "free" drinks they could have, but trying to have a conversation with music blaring in their ears. another guy, call him the doctor, pretty assured of his and his genetics intellectual superiority, trying to tell the dealers, especially if they were female, how to do their job.

the video screens of the sports book are impressive, but the glare from them made it very difficult for me to see the cards, even when sitting in the 3 or the 7 seat. since the dealers and the players in the 5-6 seat could see well, i don't think they believed me when i said that was having trouble seeing the suits of cards, on the red felt with the glare, seeing shapes or even red/black was problematic.

wound up playing the early am tourney at rio for most of my poker those days.

3. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks kitson,
    That was exactly what I was looking for. I'm at the Rio Dec 2nd and I won't waste my time walking over there.:drunk:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.