1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guns 'n Roses on 11/18

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by BergTexas, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BergTexas

BergTexas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are looking to go check out GnR at The Joint next Sunday. I have never been inside the venue and debating on getting Balcony Reserved seats ($75) in the last row, or General Admission Balcony ($55). I don't know how crowded the GA Balcony section gets, and we really don't want to have to be fighting for a good spot to stand in the Balcony.

If anyone has any experience with the GA Balcony please let me know.

Thanks!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in the Luxury Suites 4 times and they're just as far back and the view was great!

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be there sunday the 17th, I went on the Joints site, looks like a great place to see a concert- anywhere in there.

4. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to this concert

5. RocketQueen

RocketQueen Guest

Man I'd love to go! Seen them twice:eek:nce with Slash and once without. Slash is good but the guy from Sixx:AM is just as good, without the weird hair.

6. BergTexas

BergTexas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tickets

I think we will end up getting the reserved seats even though they are in the last row of the Balcony. You never know when Axl is going to show up several hours late for a gig!

From the reviews it sounds like these shows have been excellent, so I am really excited to see them (Axl). I have seen Slash/Duff in various bands (Snake Pit, Velvet Revolver) but have never seen Axl perform. The setlists look like a good mix of new/old, I could do without the new stuff, but realize that they will never play a set of just Appetite and Illusion songs.

7. ballhog

ballhog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seen the show last New Years, excellent show, but expect to wait for Axle, I guess he knows its worth the wait. The GA tickets aren't bad, just have get there early and wait and wait.

8. Y2k7JK

Y2k7JK Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    11/7

Saw the show from the front VIP table on 11/7 (Wednesday). Opening band came out prompt at 9pm...GnR hit the stage a little after 10:30...and played until after 1:30. Set list was an EXCELLENT mix off music... Axl added power as the show went on, and all the guitarists are amazingly talented. Show was worth every penny :)

9. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Local band that opened on Halloween night, 333, or something like that, did a bunch of tunes, starting about 9:15, then a few covers, and admitted they didn't know how long they would be playing. During the third cover tune the lead singer was looking around for any sort of indication as to what to do next. He must have gotten the "wrap it up" signal, as he did the band introductions and said thanks at the end of the song. Dudes walk off stage, house music goes on, video screens start promoting crap, then the dudes walk back out. They tell the crowd GNR wants them to play another 15 minutes. Clear tone of disgust permeates throughout the house.

As for GNR: they went on at about 10:40 and did about three hours. By my count: 7 songs from Appetite, 6 from Illusion CDs. A handful of guitar solos or cover songs featuring the band, sans Axl. Since I had little interest in Chinese Democracy when it came out a few years ago, I don't know those songs, but it sounded like there were 4 or 5 that must be on that CD.

On some songs Axl sounds like he still has it. On other songs, he sounds like he doesn't. Final song: Paradise City. Vocals were lousy.

Weirdness about the finale: confetti cannons firing confetti all over the main floor. What was I at, a Poison concert?

My balcony seats: not bad, but all the cameras and other crap hanging over the floor and in front of the stage makes you feel a bit disconnected to the show. I wouldn't have wanted to spend a ton of dough or stood for five hours to see the show, so I'm OK with what we got for the money, but it's one of those one-time deals. I wouldn't do it next spring if I could.

Thanks to the Internet, here, allegedly, is the set list from the show. It's probably correct, but I can't swear to that. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2012/the-joint-at-hard-rock-hotel-las-vegas-nv-7bdd4e54.html

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.