1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker 7/5!!

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by kel3420, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I was sitting at the bar in Paris several weeks back, quietly playing VP. A guy comes and sits next to me and we nod our heads hello. He puts money in the machine, picks his game and says quite loudly 7/5 WOW! We started commiserating about the lousy pay tables, but it made me start thinking what a funny conversation that was. How many people would have any clue what that meant? So I threw the question up on Facebook, that if you were sitting at a bar, and someone sat down next to you and uttered 7/5, would you know what that meant? I had many interesting responses. Several people thought perhaps it was a drink or a specialty tequila. Only one person said it must be something to do with gambling since I just got back from Vegas.

I wonder how many terms we use as frequent gamblers or just being on a Vegas board that the general public would have no idea what me meant. I just find the whole topic hysterical.

:beer::beer::beer:

2. dbvegas

dbvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not 9/6 on JOB!

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure people reading blackjack or comps conversations here with no background would wonder if they had stumbled on to something dirty.

"Dear Penthouse letters: While in Vegas this weekend, I went to see Aria. My favourite source for BJ. May be a soft 17, but I don't think that makes much difference. I like it the best with Aria because you get really deep penetration and late surrender."

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup::wink2:

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The part I find funny is that 7-5 bonus poker isn't that bad for 25c bartops. It's pretty standard that at a bartop playing for quarters you're going to get 98% return on the strip (yes, I know you can find better, but it's not common on a bartop.)

6. McGoo

McGoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you sit at a BJ table and talk about 6:5, almost all the ppl at the table have no idea what you are talking about. I suppose if they did they would not be playing at that table.

Also most ppl who play roulette think it is 50/50 and get very confused when you try to explain the big house edge.

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have thought he was rating some of the ladies at the bar. :beer:

8. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have told him to check the pay on 2 pair and quads to make sure he wasn't be shorted there. I've been finding that a lot lately.

So, yes, I would have known immediately.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BINGO. Could be 7/5 but serious shorting on higher payouts that very few would catch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.