1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Point and issue with curtains

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by JWBlue, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to deal with having to duct tape the room curtains in order to block enough light so we can sleep.

What are the best rooms can I ask for where I can avoid having to do put duct tape on the curtains?

2. nuggetboy

nuggetboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JW,
    I think I've stayed in every type of room on every floor of SP and I think it's just a room by room thing. Just depends if someone treated the curtains roughly in a room in the past.
    I don't use duct tape, I just bring 2 clothespins with me. Never have any problems.
    Good luck,

3. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a very light sleeper, but the curtains on each side of the head of the bed seem to block the light from my eyes.

4. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JW -

I'm the originator of the "bring a roll of duct tape" recommendation.

The only rooms I believe would be safe from the 10 gazillion watt spotlights would be the first few floors...but I'm not even sure about that.

Even though a few people have reported success using clips or clothespins, I still think a small roll of duct tape is the best bet.

I suppose if you really don't want to pack some, the front desk might be able to dig up something for you to use - packing tape or maybe even scotch tape?

John

5. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I carry some of those dollar store bag clips whenever I go to Vegas. Two or three usually seal the curtains.

6. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had to do this in Aria, but I never have had to at Southpoint.

7. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a reason I recommend duct tape.

The problem is not just that the two curtains don't close tightly together....it's the light that streams into the room from each end of the curtains. The duct tape is to tape each end of the curtains to the wall. You can't do that with clips.

John

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a pinch, if you forget your clips or duct tape, I pulled one side of the curtain over the other, and propped a pillow against them at the bottom to keep them there. Worked pretty good.

9. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Josie and others...

Again, the problem is not just that the two curtains don't pull together and stay there to seal out light. At least in my two stays there, light also pours through on the outer sides of both curtains because they aren't tight to the wall. That allows the 10,000 gazillion watt spotlights to shine through the gaps and illuminate the room.

Bringing clips will close the two curtains together, but won't help you seal the outer edges.

Don't say you weren't warned!

John

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.