1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Imperial Palace/ booking site question??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by oregonrebel, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oregonrebel

oregonrebel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,
    I need to book one night (dec 7) for my upcoming trip. I am spending the 2 nights prior at the Golden Nugget and the last 2 at the Signature. We really wanted to stay one night mid strip and have been looking at the IP. The recent rates i have been finding are about $60-70... Then today i found that easyclick, otel.com, dhr.com , alpharooms.com and a few other are offering a deal where you get " Classic Room, 2 free Brk Buffet, $20 Resort Credit and room for 2 guest(s) with 1 bed(s) "
    The total price ends up being $33-36 and this seems too good to be true. I do know from living in Europe that often hotels and travel sites here offer them different options then they do us Americans.
    Anyone have any info on this, is it something to worry about if i book it and show up and get rejected for some reason??

Thanks in advance...

2. oregonrebel

oregonrebel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I ended up booking it even though I got SO MUCH feed back against it. Lol...

3. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take industrial strength earplugs.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For one night, you'll survive.

There's a bunch of construction around the hotel, and the rooms aren't nice. The breakfast buffets could be considered a punishment. But if you need one more night and a great rate, you'll survive.

And no, the offer doesn't sound too good to be true.

5. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easyclick won't refund if you cancel.

Call the hotel directly before you go and see that they got the paperwork from the discounter and are expecting you.This saves time if there is a paperwork snafu that takes a while to correct.
    Print a copy of your purchase contract and bring that along.
    when you confirm ask if they will put a request for a quiet room in your notes. That worked for me last trip.
    When you check in, ask for a quiet room. The only other issue is that sometimes the check in lines are very, very long, even as long as a couple hours. Try for an early check in if you are already in Vegas, even if you just stop in without luggage. Sometimes they will do that if they are not filled up and rooms are available.
    If you skip the normal check in times and check in later in the day, the quieter rooms will most likely be gone. So just plan a long night of gambling and roll in late and tired.
    Great deal. I'd do it.

See Human Nature while you are there. Perhaps the $20 will apply toward a ticket or look at goldstar.com for a deal That is one of the shows most loved in Vegas these days. Some folks on this board see it almost every trip.

6. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll be showering with water up to your ankles or knees by the time you're done.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As many people who have stayed there lately have said:

Rooms are basic
    Down to Earth
    Clean (NOTE - that's important!!!)

They are not anything fancy. For one night it is a great location and very survivable. My aunt stayed there (Hyatt hotels normally when he did comedy at conferences) - she said beds were comfortable & room was clean.

You will deal with a bit of a maze to get out right now due to construction. If you want to head north (Harrah's etc) you can go out the back and walk across the walkway that goes back to the monorail and come right into the back of Harrahs vs. fighting the construction out front.

As far as breakfast buffet it gets a LOT of criticism. However, I have heard several times that breakfast had a lot of fruit and other very edible breakfast choices. Evidently it is lunch & dinner that really lose their appeal.

Find out where the resort credit is good at. They have Hash House A Go Go on site. Also have a good Japanese (?) restaurant and a good steakhouse. For somewhere everyone calls a dump they have some of the best secrets on the strip!!!!

A lot of complaints involve slow elevators - however - depending on the tower you are in, there are sometimes other sets of elevators that will not be as heavily used. Once in your room you should be able to determine that from the fire escape map on the door.

No safe in the room - but there are safe deposit boxes at the cage that you can use (I believe a couple dollar deposit).

If check-in line is long, leave bags at bell services and keep your eye on the line and go back later. I have seen it when it has been HUGE and other times when there are only a few people in line.

Dewey is right on the mark with Human Nature. I have seen it several times.

You will see the improvements happening at IP/Quad. New check-in desk. New bathrooms (towards the back monorail hallway). Things are slowly shaping up. I can't wait to see it when it is all done. I'm stopping in next week to see if there is anything new since September.

Easter again..:
  8. oregonrebel

oregonrebel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys.... Thankfully we are staying at the Signature at Mgm after so that will be a huge upgrade. We are going to a few nightclubs the night we are staying at IP so the wife liked the idea of less walking in high heels. My plan is too try the $20 tip to get into a tub room so hopefully that works.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.