1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any good Omaha HI / LO games in vegas?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by sandman748, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if there are any good O8 games in vegas? And by good, I mean a full table that has at least a few easy money seats at 5-10 or lower limits.

Don't feel like sitting at a table full of O8 gurus because all the casual players are playing hold em.

2. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4/8 can be found but not everywhere. V is probably best bet for strip joints.

3. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venetian is going to have the best chance of having O8. It's pretty tough to find that game around town consistently. I enjoy playing that game too because the action can get nuts.

4. a0tapzz

a0tapzz Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played 4/8 and 8/16 with a 1/2 kill at the Venetian everyday last week.

5. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the game relatively soft? Or at least fun? I'll play a tough game online when I've got nothing better to do, but I don't want to stress myself out while on vacation.

6. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venetian:

Chairs are soft.

Players? Mmmmm...Not so much!

(To many The Venetian has the nicest, most spacious, most comfortable, and most professionaly run poker room in Las Vegas. It attracts a wide range of players from the serious, to the casual.)

7. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a shortage of grumpy old men in your life, go check out the Orleans. They have a 4/8 with a Kill O8. be prepared for snarkiness. :thumbsup:

8. ElSenator

ElSenator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I LOVE O-8 but I hate that most of the time, it's bingo season with people throwing their chips around with garbage only to be rewarded on the river.

That's why I usually paly NL Hold'em. You want to see the cards? You'll have to put a large chunk of your stack to see them...

9. TimLion

TimLion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw some Omaha at the Bellagio back in May last year. I'm not sure the limits...but they were playing with chips I'd never seen before! :nono:

Santé,
    TL

10. Majik9

Majik9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played this game... when I was young too. They gave the 20 something a hard time but it was all good. That said, it was kinda like that scene from Rounders when they are playing in A.C. The locals at the table are willing to gang up on a cut up and tourists that sit down.

11. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I hit up the suncoast poker room on my last trip. They were running a 2-6 spread HI/LO game which might have been the softest game I have ever played in.

I would say every player at the table aside from myself was local and of the 9 of us, 5 of them were bleeding money. Like many poor omaha 8 players, most people on the table put way too much value on their low draws.

I actually took down a 320 pot (after splitting the low with two other guys) where we went 5 bets on the turn and river after these guys made their nut low with no high draw and I was holding Top set, nut low on a paired, flushed board. And to top it off, a fourth guy was calling with a weak flush and no low draw. I don't understand what these guys were thinking.

Walked away up 300+ after only two hours.

12. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Venetian game is not soft. The Orleans is hells waiting room!

13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I play a little O8 online and was thinking about dipping my toe into the live game this summer. I'm staying downtown, but that game sounds much more appealing than the Venetian game to me and I might even manage to not be the worst player in the game :evillaugh

Where is the Suncoast poker room and is it easy to get to in a cab?

Also, what is 2-6 spread if I may ask?

Thanks in advance :)

14. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be a pricey cab ride from the strip. It's in the Summerlin area. 10 minute drive from the strip. The game also died by 1am. That's the only reason I left after only two hours. I was staying at the Suncoast. I don't know that I would venture over there just for this.

2-6 spread, is a limit game. 1-2 blinds. Betting\raising on every street can be made in 2-6 increments. They also had kill hands when one player took both the high and low pots. This forced a $5 blind on that player, and the limits became 5-10. The kill pots got exciting. Seemed like everyone saw the flop on a kill hand, just for the potential. Great when you have the cards, but I got burned a couple times playing for second best just because the pots were so enticing.

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be staying at the Golden Nugget and there would possibly be 2/3 of us who would take a trip up to play anyway.

Thanks very much :)

We all like the mixed games, them moreso than I because they're good at them. It would be a fun evening for us all, so we could make a night of it with a few beers and dinner.

Sounds like a fun game and no doubt I would be the one getting burned if there is action aplenty :eek:

16. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh no! I'm staying at the Orleans on 7/4! I've played with my share of curmegeons too but these O8 players sound unbearable from what I've read online...maybe I'll just play pai gow.

17. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I played in a 15/30 Omaha/8 at Venetian last year. Tried to play it this January and was sad to find out it was not running. It was a good but very tough game. I don't know where those regular players went to play, but all I see now is 4/8 and occasionally 8/16.

18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I still occasionally see it on Bravo, but you're right, it's mostly 4/8 or 8/16 half-kill. Currently it says they have 30/60 O8 running right now though (highest I have seen in a long time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.