1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordon v Prime

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by laragh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laragh

laragh Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a reservation for Prime on Saturday, This question is prob void as I don't think we'll manage to get into Gordon Ramsey at this short notice BUT if we can do we?! Dined at Prime before and really liked the food although the ambience was a bit lacking for me... Thoughts please!

2. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Gordons just last week. I am sure you could not get in there at this late date. We made our reservations over a month ago and still did not get the time we wanted. When we showed up on Wednesday they were already running 20 minutes behind.
    Everything people have said is true. The music is very loud. Some how we sat right in front of a speaker and could never hear the waiter. What should have taken about 5 minutes took 7 or 8. Big deal? Not really, it just could have been done better. Even the waiting complained that he did not like working this section.
    The food was avgerage at best. This was our one "nice meal" for the trip and I was really looking forward to it and it just did not live up to what I expected. I have had better steaks at country club and mix. Nothing really bad about the food, it just wasent that good.
    The one part of the meal that I did really enjoy was the coffee and desert. For the coffee they bring you 3 little spoons and each one has a different flavor of chocolate in it. You pick a spoon and put it in your cup and then pour the coffee over it. That was kind of cool and it tasted great. I guess that does not speak well for a place where the bill was 350 for 2 people and the part you liked best for the end of it.

3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Stick with Prime. I've dined at both and enjoyed my meal at Prime far better. The ambiance is subdued, but I preferred it over the loud and chaotic feel at Ramsey's.

4. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime is to restaurants like Chuck Norris is to everything else!

5. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate at Gordon Ramsay a month ago. We just ate at the bar as we didn't make any reservation or anything. We loved all the appetizers, desserts, and breads, but the main dish (the signature Beef Wellington) failed to knock our socks off. I would go again. I liked the atmosphere. But I would sit at the bar again and skip the main course altogether.

6. Vegasvics

Vegasvics Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want the experience and you don't mind having to yell to be heard by your waiter and dining partner, go with Gordon's. Not sure about this new trend of nightclub level music in strip restaurants

7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My feelings, pretty much exactly, about GR Steak.

8. terrinm

terrinm Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Gordon this past Wednesday. Made reservations Saturday. Excellent food and the service was top notch. I didn't notice the noise level, but we sat upstairs, maybe that was the difference? We also did the tasting menu, a four course menu selected by Gordon (I think?). And 3 of our party also had the wine pairing. One of the better experiences I've had. Don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Enjoy!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.